CJW Medical Center
Posted Under: Richmond, Virginia jobs in Professions; Professions jobs in zipcode 23218
Posted On: 2019-10-11 00:00:00
. Troubleshoots/resolves instrument problems and documents corrective action in appropriate log; when necessary, performs instrumentation repairs. Effectively investigates/resolves specimen collection problems using Outstanding Specimen Report (OSR) and specimen tracking tool when appropriate. Assures quality control is properly performed and logged, works within quality control limits and trends, and follows proper department procedure for corrective action. Preventative maintenance and safety checks of equipment are performed and documented according to schedule. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to train new employees and/or students in general lab policies/procedures as well as department/section specific policies/procedures. -- Demonstrates cultural competence by being able to explain procedures by utilizing communication interventions as appropriate for all customers across all ages and populations. Demonstrates knowledge and adheres to all policies relating to the JCAHO National Patient Safety Goals for the Laboratory, including, but not limited to critical call read back and patient identification.Qualifications EDUCATION:
- Technical/Vocational diploma in Medical Laboratory Technician/Technology program--(required)
- Associates--Degree (preferred)
- Registry eligible, ASCP or equivalent. Successful completion of MLT registry within 6 months of eligibility or hire. Continuing education to maintain registry/licensure (required)
- MLT (ASCP) or equivalent. Registry/Licensure in a specialty area (preferred)EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of accredited school of Clinical Laboratory Science (required)
- 1-2 years of experience as a Medical Laboratory Technician (preferred)HOURS:
- Weekend & Holiday requirementsWe are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine. We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways, and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.