Children's Hospital Of Philadelphia
Posted Under: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs in zipcode 19019
Posted On: 2019-10-11 00:00:00
ROBERTS - Roberts Ctr Pediatric Research?Req ID:?27628Shift: DaysEmployment Status:?AF - Active - Regular - Full Time?Job SummaryClinical Research Coordinator I will work at the Gender and Sexuality Development Clinic (GSD Clinic) in the Craig-Dalsimer Division of Adolescent in the Children?s Hospital of Philadelphia as well as PolicyLab in the Research Institute. The Gender and Sexuality Development Clinic offers psychosocial and medical support for gender variant, gender expansive and transgender children and youth up to age 21 and their families. The multidisciplinary team, led by Nadia Dowshen, MD, and Linda Hawkins, PhD, MSEd, LPC, includes specialists in gender identity development from Social Work and Family Services, Adolescent Medicine, Endocrinology, and Behavioral Health. The mission of PolicyLab at Children?s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is to achieve optimal child health and well-being by informing program and policy changes through interdisciplinary research.The Clinical Research Coordinator I will be aiding the co-directors of the Gender and Sexuality Development clinic in the coordination of research, quality improvement, and clinic development projects. Projects may include, but are not limited to management of the Gender Clinic Registry and clinical, community engaged research and secondary data analyses of large datasets.?Under the direction of the GSD co-directors, the clinical research coordinator will be given various research duties for multiple research projects. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:Creating and managing regulatory files electronically and in hard copy for new and current studiesComplying with IRB protocols, applications, and informed consent formsCoordinating and participating in recruitment, screening, and informed consent with study participantsScheduling and conducting study visits and data collection procedures and coordinating participant incentivesManage study tracking sheets and proceduresMonitoring study timelines and milestonesCreating and managing survey and data collection instruments in SurveyMonkey, REDCap, QDS, and other platforms as neededData cleaning and analysisAssist with peer-reviewed journal manuscript and conference abstract preparation and submissionAssisting in medical chart abstraction and maintenance of data registriesDeveloping and maintaining partnerships with community stakeholders and research partnersAssist with scheduling and set-up of project meetings and recording meeting minutesConducting literature searches and maintaining endnote libraries of research materials related to projectsAssisting with grant applicationsAssisting with administrative tasks as neededAssisting the directors in translating research into policy by working with the PolicyLab communications and strategy teams on dissemination through blogs, op-Eds, briefs etc.Training and supervising students, volunteers, and research assistantsJob ResponsibilitiesAdditional?Requirements:
- Complete all research, clinical, and cultural competency trainings and certifications
- Ability to function efficiently with minimal supervision in multiple clinical research settings.
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently as well as collaboratively as a member of the study team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with staff, adolescents, and community partners.
- Ability to be discreet with confidential materials and sensitive topics
- Ability to handle multiple, time dependent tasks and studies in a fast paced complex work environment
- Must be highly motivated, with strong work ethic, excellent organizational skills, and ability to pay strict attention to detail
- Prior experience in human subjects research (2+ years)
- Prior experience in an research office setting
- Experience with MS office is required
- Experience with survey software and spreadsheet software is preferred
- Ability to be flexible with work hours to accommodate scheduling needs of study projects which may include evenings and weekends
- Possess strong writing, editing, publishing experienceJob Responsibilities (Continued)Job Responsibilities (Continued)Required Licenses, Certifications, RegistrationsRequired Education and ExperienceRequired Education: Associates Degree or active enrollment in a Bachelor?s Degree Program?Required Experience: Three (3) years of relevant clinical research experience.Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/LicPreferred Education: Bachelor?s Degree in related fieldAdditional Technical Requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders at all levelsAll CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans.? Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.CHOP Careers Contact?Talent Acquisition2716 South Street, 6th FloorPhiladelphia, PA 19146?Phone: 866-820-9288?Email:TalentAcquisition@email.chop.edu??