Tennova Healthcare Home Health
Posted Under: Knoxville, Tennessee jobs in Other; Other jobs in zipcode 37901
Posted On: 2019-10-11 00:00:00
The Occupational Therapy Assistant in Home Health is responsible for providing occupational therapy to patients in their homes to restore them to their fullest physical ability. The Occupational Therapy Assistant performs his/her duties in accordance with policies and procedures and the established plan of care.
This is a full-time COTA position.
Tennova Home Health is a proud member of LHC Group. LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist, is at all times responsible to follow all state specific laws governing theprovision of occupational therapy in home care, to follow the treatment set only as defined by the Occupational Therapist; to
perform only those procedures that he/she is qualified and trained to perform and to make all recommendations for changes in the plan of care to the supervising Occupational Therapist.
- Following the plan of care, leads the patient in the use of therapeutic, creative, and self-care activities to improve functioning and safety.
- Observes, records, and reports to the supervising OT, the supervising nurse, and/or the physician the patient's response to treatment and changes in the patient's condition.
- Instructs patient, family, caregiver, and other members of the health care team in the areas of therapy in which they can participate to assist the patient.
- Visits patient according to Plan of Treatment; completes a progress note for each visit and submits progress notes per LHC policy.
- Participates in developing the Plan of Treatment.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Current OTA licensure in the state of practice.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Current driver's license and vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that ---it---s all about helping people,--- and we live by those words today. It---s our mission to provide exceptional care and unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part of the LHC Group family, you---re choosing a career path that will challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.Every day, all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people. There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist. It---s our purpose.--