HMS Technologies Inc
Posted Under: Durham, North Carolina jobs in Executive; Executive jobs in zipcode 27701
Posted On: 2019-10-11 00:00:00
HMS is seeking a Operations Manager to provide hands-on leadership covering areas such as login and access support; computer hardware and mobile computing; Unified Communications, telework, and remote access; and deskside training. Desktop Engineering includes the maintenance and management of operating systems, software applications, and personal computer (PC)/laptop lifecycle activities.HMS TECHNOLOGIES is seeking candidates to support National Institutes of Health (NIH), Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), NIEHS Service Desk and Infrastructure Technology Services (NSITES) specifically in the area of Service Desk. The mission of the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences is to discover how the environment affects people in order to promote healthier lives. You will be providing support for the operational IT security functions for the NIEHS computing infrastructure. This five-year contract that involves interaction with all levels of security and functional teams..
- Capable of collaborating between Team HMS functional teams, NIEHS, and other third-party contractors, as necessary, to resolve incidents and requests
- Utilize the ServiceNow ticketing system to assign the appropriate category, level of urgency (critical, high, medium, or low), and impact (extensive/widespread, significant/large, moderate/limited, or minor/localized) to individual tickets
- Testing software updates including OS updates using standard desktop images along with the standard packaged applications
- Management of service level agreements and/or performance metrics as key indicators of success for contract performance
- Coordinate and monitor timely and effective completion of actionsRequired Skills and Experience:
- Experience using ServiceNow in an enterprise environment
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing project teams ranging from 25-30 staff on premise
- Experience identifying, mitigating and managing project risks and issues
- Experiencing authoring, editing, and maintaining design documentation, standard operating procedures, and system configuration documentation.
- Experience establishing operational objectives and assignments, and delegating assignments to subordinate managers and staff
- Experience working on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with Government representatives both orally and in writingQualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Management or Engineering (or 4 years of related experience may be substituted for the education degree requirement)
- Minimum 7 years supervising technical teams to maintain reliable and available IT infrastructure and services
- Certifications: CompTIA A+, ACMT: AppleCare Mac Technician (ACMT) and ITIL Foundation [Desired]
- Experience working in NIEHS or other Government agency [Desired]
- Public Trust Clearance or the ability to obtain a clearance Disclaimer:The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. PI114359190