Colorado Community College System
Posted Under: Denver, Colorado jobs in Other; Other jobs in zipcode 80201
Posted On: 2019-10-11 00:00:00
Job DetailsTitle:299480 Sr. Unified Communications Admin.Position Number:299480Posted Date:08/21/2019Closing Date:10/20/2019Job Category:APT (Administrative, Professional-Technical)Department:Information TechnologyRequired Documents:Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum VitaeJob Summary:SR UNIFIED COMMUNICATIONS ADMIN
- Are you an experienced IT professional who enjoys developing new solutions to improve service delivery?
- Do you have a passion for planning, maintaining and enhancing Unified Communication systems?
- Do you enjoy sharing your knowledge to support and mentor others? The Colorado Community College System is made up of 13 unique colleges with over 40 locations across the state, educating 137,000 students every year. Our mission is to provide an accessible, responsive learning environment where our students can achieve their educational, professional and personal goals in an atmosphere that embraces academic excellence, diversity and innovation. The Sr. Unified Communications Admin is key to assisting colleagues across the system in their support of CCCS' approximately 12,000 employees.The Sr. Unified Communications Admin service delivery includes functions such as call processing, signaling and device control, phone feature administrations, software installations and perform system upgrades to enhance performance. Under minimal supervision, the Sr. Unified Communications is also responsible for quality assurance testing, ensuring overall data integrity, and maintaining consistency in setup across the system.-- This position works to troubleshoot tickets and work order requests to support the colleges.-- As business needs evolve, or efficiencies are identified, this position will identify necessary system changes and initiate project requests to facilitate changes across the system.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Configures, manages and monitors the CCCS IP Telephony Cisco Unified Communications Managers, Cisco Unity voice mail systems, Cisco Contact Center Express (UCCX), Infortel Call Accounting Application, Intrado E911 DataBase, Cisco Emergency Responder, Cisco VCS, Cisco Jabber, Cisco WebEx, Cisco Teams, SingleWire Informacast, E-Fax and associated unified communication applications. Provide diagnostic testing, system troubleshooting and restoration when problems are encountered. Schedule and update system software when new releases and patches are made available from the vendor.
- Specifies, orders, plans, schedules and performs Unified Communications hardware, software installations, configurations, upgrades and modifications to enhance the performance, capacity, integrity, usability and insure upward compatibility of the Network.
- Monitors the performance and use of Networks/Systems resources by analyzing performance metrics and making appropriate modifications to the Network/System parameters to insure network/system integrity and to optimize the network/system performance.
- Works in conjunction with the CCCS WAN / LAN team members to configure and implement Cisco Router, Switches, Gateways, RI, 1FB and SIP circuits. Assists in the configuration of designing Router access lists, static routing table entries, Virtual LANS (VLAN) and inter router/switch configuration files to provide security and access control to the voice, video, and data network.
- Responsible for system wide VOIP team to respond to the requests from co-workers at the CCCS colleges for assistance in the setup, configuration of a supported Network/System, VOIP servers, systems, and networked personal computer and provide appropriate training to resolve the request.
- Makes technical recommendations of products and software needed for a new server and LAN/WAN installation and/or modifications to an existing systems in support of unified communications technologies. Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a technology-related field or relevant education and experience in the appropriate technical and management areas may be considered as a substitute for formal education.
- Three years' of experience with current industry networking technologies that includes three years' experience with design, installation, setup, and configuration of Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity/Unity Connection, Cisco UCCX, Cisco Emergency Responder, Cisco VCS, Cisco Jabber, Cisco Webex and WebEx Teams , Cisco IOS and IOS-XE based Switches and Routers, Cisco Wireless and other Cisco products. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with Network Design and Engineering, Network Design and Mgmt Theory, Project Management (large and small), Balancing multiple projects, Systems Change Management Processes, Problem Analysis/Troubleshooting hardware/software, LAN, WAN and WLANsystems, video conferencing, QoS, PRI, POTS, SIP, with a primary emphasis on Cisco products.
- Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Knowledge and experience with Python scripting.
- A commitment to further training.
- Preferred Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal, oral communication and negotiation skills necessary to establish, maintain and initiate effective and cooperative relationships with faculty committees, campus and college administrators, campus departmental stakeholders, budget and funding authorities, architectural and engineering consultants, contractors, and suppliers.
- Ability to interact well with people from diverse backgrounds including college personnel and the public.
- Certifications: CCNA or higher Additional Information: Work Location/Travel Expectations:
- This position is located at 1059 Alton Way, Denver, CO 80230.
- Occasional travel may be required to attend meetings, trainings and conferences or to visit colleges within the State of Colorado. FLSA:ExemptOpportunity type:Full-timeHiring Salary Range:$86,000 - $96,000