Posted Under: Charlotte, North Carolina jobs in Other; Other jobs in zipcode 28201
Posted On: 2019-10-11 00:00:00
Job Req ID: 205988Position Number: 00011008Employment Type: Part TimeShift: DayShift Details: Standard Hours:?4.00Department Name: NSG - Mother Baby 8TLocation: Carolinas Medical CenterLocation Details:? Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth??Job SummaryThe Unit Coordinator I assists in planning, organizing, implementing and coordinating activities at the centralized command center by performing clerical and receptionist duties and maintaining a safe environment. The Unit Coordinator I schedules all surgical procedures, performs data entry into the computer system, reconciles patient charges, copies records, fax and relay messages. Essential Functions
- Schedules all surgical procedures in the computer system.
- Ensures adequate time is allotted for each procedure and is aware of supply needs and limitations.
- Coordinates interdepartmental needs of scheduled cases, i.e. room availability
- Enters patient charges in a timely manner, completes batch header, and reconciles charges in the time frame allowed.
- Maintains a variety of databases, spreadsheets, and project documents.
- Communicates all information regarding scheduling changes to all persons and/or departments involved.
- Prepare a final version of the daily surgical schedule for distribution and/or viewing on computer monitor, by appropriate areas within the established time frame. Physical RequirementsWork requires lengthy periods of sitting, walking on hard surfaces, changes in temperature and humidity. Demonstrates the ability to react and perform appropriately with stressful situations. Knowledgeable regarding Universal Precaution and can act appropriately if exposed to blood and/or bodily fluids. Must be able to lift, push and pull less than or up to 20 pounds. Must be able to walk, stretch, bend, climb stairs, twist, squat or kneel in performing office tasks, running errands, and transport materials. Must be able to use hands for gripping, speed work, and precision during the operation of the computer and accessories. Vision and hearing for distances of up to 20 feet is required, depth perception should be within normal limits and be able to distinguish basic colors.Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Clinical experience with data entry preferred.?At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.?As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.?Posting Notes: Not ApplicableCarolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
Carolinas HealthCare System, one of the nation---s leading and most innovative healthcare organizations provides a full spectrum of healthcare and wellness programs throughout North and South Carolina. Its diverse network of facilities includes academic medical centers, approximately 38 hospitals, freestanding emergency department, more than 700 physician practices, behavioral health center, surgical and rehabilitation centers, home health agencies, hospice and palliative care services, and nursing homes.For nearly 70 years, our system of exceptional facilities has been providing care that improves our community and the lives of our patients and employees.At Carolinas HealthCare System, we are One team, delivering care through more than 11 million patient encounters. Our teammates share millions of reasons to be proud of their work and the contributions they make every day.--We invite you to learn more about Carolinas HealthCare System, and discover all the possibilities ONE system has to offer.