SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital
Posted Under: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs in zipcode 73101
Posted On: 2019-10-11 00:00:00
Role Purpose:Utilize the nursing process in care delivery and provide nursing leadership for other patient care personnel.?Responsibilities: Completes admitting and shift assessments on assigned patients; accurately and within time-frame set in policy and procedures. ? ?? Utilizes critical judgment to analyze patient assessment data, develops a plan care for each assigned patient and delegates patient care appropriately. ??? Implements complex and individualized nursing interventions for each patient assigned. ??? Evaluates the effect of nursing care and modifies interventions based on the patient's response. ??? Documents all nursing care given and adheres to nursing standards and institution policies and procedures. ??? Consistently and accurately implements and records physicians? orders. ??? Maintain working knowledge of hospital and unit specific policies, protocols, and care paths. ??? Educate patient and family based on assessed needs and documents education provided. ??? Acts as a clinical resource to and supervises care delivered by LPNs and Techs. ??? Perform other duties that correspond to the overall functions of this position.Minimum Qualifications:
- Licensed by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse. Professional specialty certification required for certified incumbents.
- Current CPR (Healthcare Provider).Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Certification as an OCN by the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC) preferred.Physical Requirements:Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 5 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 5 hours a day.
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper operationAbout SSM St. Anthony's Hospital?St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUEST? Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many national health care organizations.