Posted Under: Ames, Iowa jobs in Engineering; Engineering jobs
Posted On: 2019-10-11 00:00:00
Danfoss in Ames, Iowa has a great opportunity for a self-driven, results-oriented New Product Development (NPD) Engineering Intern to gain real-world experience. Students seeking variety, challenge, and an opportunity to build problem-solving and people skills will benefit from our internship. The candidate must be a strong communicator, self-starter, team player, and business professional.
BACKGROUND & SKILLS
* Major: Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering
* Level of Education: Sophomore, Junior, or Senior standing preferred
* Work availability: 40+ hours/week during the summer months; 8+ hours/week minimum during fall/spring months
* Ability to begin the internship in fall 2019 or spring 2020
* Experience with CAD and assemblies is an advantage
* Experience with coding in Matlab is an advantage
* Experience with FEA and CFD a plus
* Component and product design with detailed analysis work
* Testing and validation in a lab setting with written reports
* Support of development projects to engineering team
* Hands on hydraulics work in the labs
* Current and new product design documentation and support
We are Engineering Tomorrow
The world faces growing populations, booming urbanization and rapid climate change. At Danfoss, we engineer ready-to-use solutions to these challenges. We build energy-efficient solutions that reduce food loss and make cities cleaner using digital technology to make systems smarter and more connected and we engineer innovative new ways to save energy and transition to clean energy for the good of our climate.
Danfoss gives you unique opportunities to put your skills to good use, make an impact and shape an exciting career. We encourage employees to take charge, do extraordinary things and run the business like it was their own. Danfoss is respected around the world for its innovative, high-quality technologies and solutions. You will learn a lot by working with the experts who develop them. Join Danfoss to be part of a world-class team of over 27,000 people in 56 countries that engineer tomorrow and build a better future.
Please watch how Danfoss is engineering tomorrow
Danfoss is an EO employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category.