Posted Under: St. Louis, Missouri jobs in Sales; Sales jobs
Posted On: 2019-10-11 00:00:00
The Sales Training Manager, Autoimmune & Rare Disease (ARD), is responsible for providing internal training expertise to the ARD business. The Sales Training Manager will work cross-functionally in a matrix organization with commercial leadership, sales, marketing, medical, legal, and external vendors. The Sales Training Manager will facilitate group discussion and training to build the capabilities of sales specialists within the ARD business. In addition, they will help support the needs of the organization during POAs and National Sales Meetings.
Reporting to the Director of Sales Training, this person will be accountable for the development and implementation of training strategies, plans, programs and processes to support business goals.
ASSESS AND PLAN FOR LEARNING NEEDS:
* Oversee the execution of a training needs analysis to identify new skills and behaviors required in the sales organization by partnering with internal commercial sales leadership, sales specialists and director of sales training
* Proactively identifying risks, issues, and gaps, and collaborating with director of sales training
* Outline strategic training curriculum to support the sales organization
* Utilize strong problem solving skills working with sales teams to build training that strengthens the talent within the organization
* Collaborating across work streams in order to build annual training plan and training for National or POA meetings
* Partner closely with marketing team to understand brand strategy and build training plan based on marketing s tactical rollout
DESIGN, DEVELOP AND IMPLEMENTATION OF LEARNING:
* Sharing training delivery preference and advising the director of sales training on the most effective delivery methods utilizing adult learning
* Coordinate training to meet regulatory, compliance, legal, and medical requirements for sales specialists at Mallinckrodt (Product Review Committee)
* Coordinate and build training materials internally or with preferred vendor partners in accordance with company strategy and processes
* Partnering with operations and IT to maximize effectiveness with current technology platforms for sales specialists with onboarding and continuous development
* Utilize excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation/facilitation skills for the purpose of delivering training
MEASURE AND SUSTAIN LEARNING:
* Build and implement post training tools to analyze training effectiveness and work with cross functional team to continually improve training curriculum to meet organizational needs
* Develop pull through training materials using varied learning approach to drive and sustain learning
PRODUCT AND DISEASE STATE EXPERTISE:
* Have experience or demonstrate the ability to gain an expertise in the product and disease state that you will be responsible for educating the Mallinckrodt sales organization
* Rare disease experience preferred
5 + Years Pharma experience
Sales Training experience preferred * Nephrology or Ophthalmology experience preferred
* Bachelors Degree required
* Pharma launch experience preferred
* Utilize excellent computer skills, including MS PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
* Ability to effectively manage projects and meet deadlines
* Ability to work cross functionally in a corporate and field based pharma organization
INTANGIBLE COMPETENCIES: Drive for Results, Action Oriented, Business Acumen, Integrity and Trust, Interpersonal Savvy, Planning, Time Management, Motivating Others, Managerial Courage, Presentation/Facilitation Skills, Priority Setting, Written Communications, Listening
This position reports to the Director of Sales Training for Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals. The Sales Training Manager will interact frequently with the Director of Sales Training. The Sales Training Manager will work closely with other internal members to deliver high-quality training programs through a variety of blended learning mediums (virtual and live).
This position requires up to 25% travel. The Sales Training Manager is expected to be in company locations to meet with Vice President, National Sales Director, Marketing, Director of Training, and other team members to achieve business objectives.
Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.