Posted Under: Kansas City, Kansas jobs in Hospitality & Tourism; Hospitality & Tourism jobs in zipcode 66101
Posted On: 2019-10-11 00:00:00
Lead Customer Service - Seasonal
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY
Assist supervisor with day to day operations and functions of the team. Work on special projects relating to identifying and correcting customer service issues. Works closely with the supervisor, the business unit, and associates in addressing and correcting reoccurring customer service issues. Effectively handle sensitive customer issues and escalations. Handle customer issues across multiple skill sets. Serve as liaison between customers, management, support groups and the business unit. Will use knowledge software programs, tools, and computer systems to resolve and track customer issues. Participate in projects as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the supervision and direction of other customer service associates to meet daily, weekly, and monthly service goals.
- Handle escalated calls from customers with sensitive and escalated issues using professionalism and excellent customer service skills to arrive at a prompt and accurate resolution. Handle calls in special queues across multiple skill sets. Ability to assist associates with customer questions, both in-person and virtual (email/chat) that cannot be resolved by front line associates.
- Function as a resource in providing new hire training, up-training, and re-training for new and existing associates.
- At the request of the supervisor, assist with daily crew briefs and monthly team meetings.
- Perform queue management workflow duties. Ensure that incoming and follow-up interactions are handled properly and are accurately input into the tracking system.
- Evaluate associate performance, summarize results and document for supervisor feedback sessions with associates.
- Communicate via phone, email and chat with internal and external customers requiring assistance or information. Interpret customers' needs and utilize knowledge, software programs, and tools to identify possible resolutions.
- Troubleshoot software, hardware and proprietary products, as appropriate to support the customer using approved tools and processes.
- Follow established procedures to handle inquiries and resolve concerns to ensure customer satisfaction. Handle customer communications within the framework of priorities and operational expectations.
- Use approved software programs and computer systems to accurately document and track customer contacts.
- Observe and report call trends using appropriate channels.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education and/or work experience necessary to demonstrate necessary skill level.
- Five years experience in customer service with an acceptable level of performance or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
- Experience handling sensitive client information and issues.
- Ability to communicate clearly and calmly on the telephone, email and chat and to use effective customer service techniques with clients who may be under stress.
- Effectively demonstrate oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to interact with all levels of associates.
- Ability to determine issues and causes of customer issues and effectively troubleshoot these issues.
- Demonstrated expertise with call center tools such as Clarify, Serviceware, KC Util, Digital tax Solutions Admin tool.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate Windows-based software applications and troubleshoot PC issues.
- Ability to accurately interpret and enter client information into appropriate computer software.
- Ability to concentrate and work effectively in a fast-paced, high call volume environment.
Corporate Job Categories
Customer Service Support/Call Center
One H&R Block Way
About H&R Block...
H&R Block's purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to have approximately 12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the world.
We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who join H&R Block say it feels like being part of something bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it's how determined, forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our leadership is. We believe it's all those things, and much more.