Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
Posted Under: Las Vegas, Nevada jobs in Hospitality & Tourism; Hospitality & Tourism jobs in zipcode 89101
Posted On: 2019-10-11 00:00:00
Food Runner responsibilities include setting tables, serving food orders and removing used dishes and utensils to maintain an organized dining room environment and clean stations. The incumbent will ensure our guests have a high-quality dining experience by serving their food in a timely and accurate manner and assist the servers in addressing guests' needs and requests. Organizational Structure The Food Runner- Tea Lounge reports directly to the Tea Lounge Manager. What will I be doing? Duties and Supporting Responsibilities * Checks working area due to cleanliness and organization * Responsible for the completion of designated side work checklists (both opening and closing) * Deliver food orders from the kitchen to customers' tables rapidly and accurately. * Assists Servers with plating and preparing guests' orders. * Provide excellent service at all time to all of our guests * Assist guests courteously and efficiently * Make sure that all silver is polished and spotless * Ensure chinaware is polished * Communicate orders to chefs with respect to priorities and special requests. * Follow the cleaning program for the restaurant established in the side work sheet * Anticipate guest needs, as to where guests will never have to ask for anything * Attend all food and beverage training classes when requested to * To wish each and every guest a warm farewell and thank them for coming * Ensure all labels are done per SNHD standards * Place all to go food in appropriate containers * Responsible for keeping the dining room floors free of debris and spilled liquids * Attend daily pre-shift/communication meeting * Attend monthly department meeting Requirements Mandatory * Have a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a luxury fine dining establishment * Willing to work a flexible schedule and holidays * Work in a safe, prudent and organized manner * Have an in-depth knowledge of food and preparation * Be able to relate to all levels of guests and management * Have the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time * Physical ability and stamina to carry heavy trays or equipment and stand for long hours * Have excellent communication and organization skills * Be able to consistently delight and satisfy our guest * Have the ability to handle guest requests in a detailed manner * Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language * Professional appearance and demeanor at all times * Must work as a team player and assist server when needed Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position. It is Company policy to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including by providing reasonable accommodations that do not constitute an undue hardship on the Company. Employees or applicants should direct requests for accommodation to Director of Human Resources. EOE/AA/Disabled/Veterans What are we looking for? Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
- Adaptability What will it be like to work for Hilton? Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!