The Westin Jackson
Posted Under: Jackson, Mississippi jobs in Hospitality & Tourism; Hospitality & Tourism jobs in zipcode 39201
Posted On: 2019-10-11 00:00:00
- Exercise good public and customer relations skills at all times. Take initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
- Dispense alcoholic beverages and controls service to ensure customers do not become intoxicated in accordance with liquor and hotel and company policies and regulations.
- Prepare all drink orders as required and to charge for such orders as they are prepared and in the appropriate manner.
- Comply with all liquor laws, health regulations, and company policies.
- Perform all side duties such as cleaning, garnish preparation, miscellaneous preparation, stocking, etc.
- Wash and sanitize all glasses and utensils.
- Ensure all alcohol is removed from counters and tables prior to required closing time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- If functioning in a Lead Capacity: (a) take responsibility for assigned employees in the absence of the Supervisor, (b) assign work, and ensures proper performance of assigned employees Job Skills:
- Use arithmetic to total costs and make change.
- Communicate with different kinds of people to find out what services they want and to give them information.
- Stand or walk for varying lengths of time, sometimes for long periods.
- Move fingers and hands easily and quickly to handle dishes, money, merchandise, etc. Lift and carry heavy items, such as trays. Job Qualifications: Education HS Diploma or equivalent Experience None required Licenses/Certifications N/A, but must meet state law age requirements for tending bar. (ref. 21142) We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.