Posted Under: Lake Charles, Louisiana jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs in zipcode 70601
Posted On: 2019-10-11 00:00:00
Employment Certified Medical Assistant - (Dr. Craig Morton) This position is: Full Time Position Location: Lake Charles, LA Clinical Operations: Participates in the care of the patient, under the direct supervision of the physician and in collaboration with the healthcare team.
- Assists physician with procedures/treatments/examinations, (preparation, positioning, supplies, equipment).
- Maintains and uses principles of aseptic techniques and infection control when performing clinical duties and tasks.
- Ensures that patient chart entries are made accurately and in a timely manner; forwards flags and phone notes as appropriate.
- Is responsible for ensuring that the preoperative consent forms are obtained and responsible for all aspects of surgery scheduling for their physician.
- Confirms and clarifies orders prior to implementation of delegated tasks.
- Observes, records and reports patient's condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physician.
- Returns patient calls and handles their requests in a timely manner.
- Follows policies for infection control in handling and disposing of infectious/hazardous waste materials.
- Cleans instruments as assigned.
- Appropriately obtains and manages specimens, including: labeling, form completion and storage awaiting transfer to laboratory.
- Provides appropriate patient specific education, and health information materials.
- Covers other clinics and / or phone messages as assigned. Requirements: National medical assistant certification is required within 6 months of hire. If not already certified, 2 years of full-time employment in a clinical setting is required.