Midland National Life Insurance Company
Posted Under: Sioux Falls, South Dakota jobs in IT / Software / Systems; IT / Software / Systems jobs in zipcode 57101
Posted On: 2019-10-11 00:00:00
Sammons? Financial Group?s (SFG) member companies offer some of today?s most sought after life insurance, annuity, and retirement planning products. Unlike most financial organizations, our companies are not publicly traded, which means we?re focused on long-term value rather than short-term earnings pressures. As a privately held company, our leaders and employees remain consistently focused on long-term growth, making decisions that allow us to deliver on our commitments to customers, distribution partners, our employees, and our communities. Individually, our companies provide value in the products and services they offer. Together we represent a history of strength and longevity.?What you can expect when you join SFG:
- A casual dress code including jeans
- A rich company culture driven by private ownership and intentional leadership inspiring employees to engage in our healthy, high-performing and values based culture.
- Healthy balance between work and personal lives. Friday afternoons off all year long, competitive PTO and generous number of paid holidays
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, wellness plan, charitable giving programs, education assistance? to name a few ESOP-A generous 100% company funded retirement plan?What you can expect as the Solution Architect - Network:Expert level capabilities in designing voice and data networks, including local/wide area networks (LANs/WANs) and intranets. Compares and purchases network hardware, such as routers, switches, modems and firewalls. Researches and coordinates implementation of network hardware, software and monitoring tools. Works with the business leads to align network design with organizational goals. Designs and integrates VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) and other telecommunications systems.?Assists and provides direction to the network engineers for network setup & configuration. Possess critical thinking, verbal/written communication and leadership skills. Continuously evaluates emerging network technologies to maximize performance, security and efficiency. Periodically tests and evaluates network performance, and adjust and redesigns networks where applicable.?What we are looking for:Essential Functions:
- Must be able to work after hours? maintenance windows and serve as an escalation point during outages.
- Design, configuration/deployment and documentation of complex L1/L2/L3 protocols including BGP, OSPF, MPLS, Segment Routing, L2/L3, VoIP and Video topologies.
- Expert level capabilities in design, configuration/deployment and documentation of complex L1/L2/L3 data center leaf/spine topologies including BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VxLAN, L2/L3, VoIP and Video topologies.
- Provide leadership in maturing next generation firewall capabilities and services.
- Provide thought leadership in ensuring strategy correctly balances traditional networking technologies, software defined networking and cloud capabilities in providing robust, cost effective services.
- Experience implementing network cybersecurity capabilities to include web-proxy filters, multi-tiered DMZs, ACI network segmentation, intrusion detection/prevention, and data loss prevention.
- Use of automation tools and scripts to efficiently deploy network changes
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through continuing education.
- Exhibit leadership qualities by taking the initiative to identify and resolve issues.
- Responsible for technical leadership in developing a 3-5 year voice/network strategy and technical roadmaps that ensures capabilities are relevant and aligned to business and IT strategies.
- Provide architectural design standards for new network/telephony services as well as network impact assessments and network designs.
- Ensure internal and external SLAs are met, including measuring and reporting key metrics, trends, and system performance.
- Work with project managers and other teams to achieve company deadlines.
- Provide detailed reports to management including metrics, system performance projections, root cause analysis, and KPIs.
- Keep up-to-date on industry advancements, acting as a Network Systems SME and provide recommendations to improve the company?s data network and telephony infrastructure.
- Direct knowledge of Cisco routers and switches.
- Commitment to embrace SFG shared values (Respect, Accountability, Integrity, and Openness)
- As stated within the Company Attendance and Punctuality policy, regular attendance is required and expected in order to meet the business service levels and workflow demands.?Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in the field of computer science, information science, management information systems preferred
- Minimum 12 years' IT development experience or equivalent combination required
- Experience as Technical Lead and/or Project Architect on very complex multi-subsystem solution delivery projects preferred
- Effective verbal and written communications skills and the ability to communicate with business partners and other IT staff
- Problem solving skills sufficient to perform research and recommend a proposed solution to problems
- Able to work on multiple tasks and meet established deadlines
- Able to effectively direct and coordinate the work of other team members on a project without having HR management responsibility for them
- Criminal background check required