Posted Under: Cleveland, Ohio jobs in Hospitality & Tourism; Hospitality & Tourism jobs in zipcode 44101
Posted On: 2019-09-18 00:00:00
Job Responsibilities :
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers in the department and ensuring they are able to locate the products they are looking for. Bakery team members are also expected to have sufficient knowledge to answer questions and make suggestions to our customers.
- Become familiar with products in the store to answer questions and make suggestions to customers.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the Team Member's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Replenish product in the Bakery cases and displays, rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are followed and only the freshest product is available for sale.
- Effectively delegate meaningful responsibility and decision making authority to the right people, clearly communicate expectations, provide the right amount of direct support and follow-up in a timely manner
- Direct, oversee, and evaluate training provided by a trainer to department Team Members in order to reduce turnover, promote efficiency, and control labor costs.
- Promote the continuous development of Team Members.
- Understand and adhere to the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Develop and maintain communication processes with other departments in order to develop marketing plans, which help to meet the financial objectives of the store.
- Manage inventories by tracking weekly reports and ordering raw materials and supplies in order to meet customer requirements and maximize profits.
- Accurately record special orders on bakery products to ensure the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Maintain cleanliness of department and work area, including the back room.
- Assist in maintaining bakery cooler and freezer efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Assist in other areas as required.
- Supervision of team members in one department
Reports To :
Senior Store Leader
Education and Training Required :
- High school diploma or equivalent
Experience Required :
- Retail work experience or Store Leader recommendation
Experience Desired :
- Retail leadership or supervisory experience
- Successful performance as a Peer Trainer or other similar role
- Successful performance as an in-store champion (e.g., safety, service, wellness) or similar role
- Demonstrated product knowledge relevant to department
- Satisfactory performance and discipline record
Work Environment :
- Hot Ovens
Physical requirements :
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
Competencies Required :
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Builds High Performance Teams
- Communicate w/Courage & Impact
- Manages Team Execution
- Strategic Thinking & Planning
Equipment Used :
- Cardboard Baler
- Electric/Manual Jacks
- Safety Cutter
- Scale Labeler
- Dough Divider
Age Requirement :