IMPAQ International LLC
Posted Under: Washington DC, DC jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs in zipcode 20418
Posted On: 2019-09-13 00:00:00
PROJECT MANAGER - HEALTH INSURANCE ACCESS AND VALUE-BASED CARE
Job Location US-DC - US-MD-Columbia
IMPAQ International, a growing and dynamic social science research firm, provides high-quality research and impact evaluation services, policy analysis, survey research, technology solutions, organizational development, technical assistance and consulting services to U.S. and international government agencies, foundations, and the private sector.
IMPAQ s mission is to bring together exceptional people to develop innovative and rigorous approaches to evaluate the real-world impact of social policies and programs. IMPAQ offers five locations: our Corporate Headquarters in Columbia, Maryland, rated one of America s Best Small Cities; Downtown Washington, D.C., Boston, Massachusetts, a Bay Area office in Oakland, California and Seattle, Washington. IMPAQ has a diverse and collegial work environment.
IMPAQ Health is seeking a Project Manager to join our Insurance Access & Value Based Care practice area. The Project Manager will provide leadership, people development, and project management skills to projects related to the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA), the Quality Payment Program (QPP), and health care quality initiatives. The Project Manager will manage tasks related to IMPAQ Health s work with the CMS, including projects at the Center for Clinical Standards and Quality (CCSQ). In addition, the candidate will be expected to support business development opportunities at the federal and state levels.
* Lead and manage client-facing projects/tasks, client expectations, and client relationships, ensuring projects and tasks are completed on time and within budget.
* Lead and manage partner and stakeholder relationships and use subject matter expertise to collaborate among CMS, partner organizations, and other contractors.
* Manage a team of policy analysts and technical assistance support staff to accomplish project milestones and represent the project team at stakeholder and client meetings.
* Monitor project progress and quality.
* Develop project work plans and manage the execution of these work plans, including communicating technical and budget risks to project leadership.
* Manage the development and writing of technical reports and public-facing content, tailored to the client and consumer needs.
* Develop and conduct presentations to government clients.
* Proactively identify ideas for innovation and strategies to implement innovations.
* Support business development activities, including managing and coordinating proposals and capture planning activities.
Education, Knowledge and Experience:
* Bachelor s Degree or higher.
* At least 7 years of project leadership and/or management experience.
* At least 10 years of full-time experience in a health policy consulting environment.
* Experience managing large-scale, national projects involving many diverse stakeholders and contractors; formal project management training preferred.
* Experience with managing the development and implementation of operational processes and standard operating procedures to support CMS.
* Experience managing and mentoring large teams with diverse experiences and skillsets.
* Familiarity with CMS, the ACA, and Medicare-specific value-based care policy and programs is required; familiarity with MACRA and the QPP is ideal.
* Familiarity with Agile, Lean, and Human Centered Design approaches to program design, implementation, operations, and improvement.
* Ability to effectively manage competing priorities under tight deadlines.
* Self-motivated initiative to identify opportunities to improve and drive value.
* Ability to exercise strong attention to detail, problem solving, and organizational skills.
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written is a must.
* Excellent people skills with a customer service-oriented approach, and a focus on building relationships with the client, project team, and other contractors.
* Ability to work independently as well as with a team in a fast-paced environment. Includes the ability to be flexible to meet project priorities.
* Ability to think creatively and work on teams to develop innovative ideas for new and existing clients.
* Ability to apply project management principles to assist the team through each phase of the project.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.