Posted Under: Atlanta, Georgia jobs in Professions; Professions jobs in zipcode 30301
Posted On: 2019-09-13 00:00:00
Overview of the Fleet Director
The Director of Fleet is responsible for the strategic planning and execution of national fleet asset operations; Develops and implements strategy supported by analytical modeling and systems to drive continuous improvement and facilitate business results.
- Manages fleet capital and assets, including setting strategy, planning, implementation, supply chain, analysis, reporting, and communication.
- Develops, maintains and executes comprehensive programs, policies and procedures within internal fleet shops and outsourced locations to improve operational performance.
- Gathers summarizes and presents actionable information in management and operating level reports and scorecards. Models, fleet process capability, and others based on business needs and priorities.
- Acts as a strategic business partner with Division and Region leadership in order to align maintenance operations with objectives.
- Establishes fleet management continuous improvement performance metrics, sets goals and monitors progress.
- Provides leadership, management, and development to a team of associates, currently but not limited to 3 - 5 Regional Fleet Managers as well as individual contributors and supplier partners.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, federal regulations and all internal requirements.
- Emphasis is on safety, scheduling, quality management, workforce planning, staffing, coaching, and training.
- Develops and executes fleet capital and operating budgets
- This position oversees, organizes and maintains a company fleet of over 3,000 vehicles/fleet equipment.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in mechanical or automotive engineering; 10+ years' of leadership experience including 5+ years' multi-site fleet operations management required.
- Experience in diversified truck and equipment management, including national fleet asset management.
- Experience designing, developing and implementing standardized processes.
- Extensive knowledge of fleet operations principles and best practices for a multi-facility geographically dispersed service company.
- Experience managing complex supplier relationships.
- Leadership and management skills, including performance coaching, training, and development.
- Superior skills in organization, prioritization, time management, and multi-tasking.
- Demonstrated analytical skills including working knowledge of financial statement analysis, and staffing models.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills
- Project management and change organization skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications and fleet maintenance programs.
- This position requires 60-70% travel.