Posted Under: Milwaukee, Wisconsin jobs in Other; Other jobs in zipcode 53201
Posted On: 2019-09-13 00:00:00
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad's state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and printing technology. This includes guided vehicles (driverless fork trucks) and world-class digital presses that give our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you'll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done - something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.At Quad, you'll begin at a -competitive starting wage ranging from $16.50-$26/ hour depending on your experience level, with immediate opportunities to advance - driving you to be better than yesterday. - -Additionally, -earn up to 10% more -of your base wage and overtime pay through an incentive program that rewards productivity, safety and product quality.
-We offer support at every step of your career with on-site healthcare facilities, 401(k) retirement savings, paid holidays and vacations, and many more great benefits.
You'll proudly wear Quad blue and stand shoulder to shoulder with the team that's transforming an industry. Your work matters at Quad. - -Quad in Sussex is seeking PressOperators in various areas within our Press Department, including but notlimited to: Press Assistants, Rolltender, Second (2nd) Press and First(1st) Press machine operators. -These positions are responsible for set up and operation of Pressequipment to customer-supplied specifications while maintaining production byplanning and organizing jobs and continuously monitoring quality. Additionally,operators are responsible for cleanliness and keeping press maintainedmechanically. Some positions will have direct reports. -Responsibilities Also Include Planning and organizing jobs by reviewing schedules and job tickets, identifying priorities, assigning roles, and maintaining production records Monitoring signature quality by setting and monitoring color, maintaining register, fold, and compensation, and identifying and correcting problems. Setting up/operating equipment by setting up press computers, units, folder, and auxiliary equipment and performing preventative maintenance. Participating in training and teaching, assisting all positions and working with customers and the business plan.Qualifications
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Experience with the following Offset Press Equipment: Harris, Heidelberg, Goss, and/or Manroland
- 2-3 years of previous Press Operator experience, includingability to web up press, be able to match the product to the sample from thecustomer is required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude is required
- Must have eye/hand coordination when inside the unit whilemaking adjustments
- Must have ability to utilize the computer to ensure qualityof the product.
- Ability to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, the ability tolift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours (8 or 12-hour shift), use handsand wrists continuously in controlled movement, receive and follow instructionsand use vision in order to identify defects.Multiple Shift Options -that fityour lifestyle and needs:
- 12 hour rotating shifts -(either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays, working 3 - 4 days a week -
- 8 hour shifts -(either 2nd shift: 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. or 3rd shift: 11:00 p.m. - 7 a.m.), Mon.- Fri., these shifts do not rotateThe requirements listed above arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions. - - -Additional Company Information -We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more. -Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace -This opening is eligible for the employee referral program. If the program criteria are met, employees who refer candidates to this job may be paid a bonus. -