Posted Under: Atlanta, Georgia jobs in Other; Other jobs in zipcode 30301
Posted On: 2019-08-24 00:00:00
Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location Atlanta - Atlanta, GAPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level 4 Year DegreeTravel Percentage MinimalJob Category Professional ServicesDescription Position Summary:
Join our Data & Analytics team to help drive client ideas into innovative solutions. Aprio, LLP has a career opportunity for a Client Engagement Lead / Product Owner to join their dynamic team. By combining industry expertise, digital technology knowledge and understanding of Agile development methodologies, you will be able to help clients solve tough problems efficiently and effectively.
Submerge yourself with creative innovators for excellence. Aprio, LLP is the 50th largest CPA firm in the nation and was recently named on of the Top Place to Work in Atlanta by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Whether it is adding to our 25 different spoken languages or sharing your expertise in 1 of our 8 industry specialties, you have priceless experience and skills to drive our company's growth and success. Aprio, LLP wants you to define our brand positioning, contribute to industry leading innovation, and help our clients thrive.
- Own the end-to-end project success (SoW drafting, manage scope, resource management, delivery management, quality management and accountability) of the client engagement.
- Be the communications liaison between the business side of product development and the technical side. Most of the time will be spent liaising between stakeholders, clients, and engineers (developers and analysts).
- Ensure optimal communication between team members.
- Guide Aprio's technical team on clarifying direction and measuring project success.
- Use of Agile development practices (especially Scrum), methodologies and tools.
- Involved in client transformational engagements (long range plan, roadmap, operating model, governance, enterprise architecture, etc.)
Qualifications Knowledge and Skills Needed:
- Demonstrated experience applying Agile development practices (especially Scrum), methodologies and tools.
- Strong understanding of the different backgrounds, responsibilities and expectations of team. Ability to use that understanding to share information appropriately and with the correct people.
- Requires a deep knowledge of both the business and technical side.
- Must be able to develop and document technology options, automation best practices and data analytics approach, design, build and deploy new back office process automation using core workflow principles that are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills between external clients and internal team members
- Strong organizational and project management skills as well as the ability to multitask on various projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively with clients and leadership personnel, as well as the ability to optimize communications among team members.
- Is decisive, knows what is going to deliver the best value to the client and makes good quality decisions in the best interests of the client
- Is confident, can defend his or her position, and won't be swayed by politics or the 'loudest voice'
- Protects the development team from other business opinions and influences - all decisions on the work the project team does must come through the Product Owner
- Is involved and available to the Agile project team during each and every iteration or sprint and is present for all required ceremonies
- Ensures that the product backlog is visible and clear to the Agile project team and also the business, so that progress and next priorities are transparent and understood by everyone.
- Business development - ability to "farm;" understand and articulate client needs beyond the current project scope
- 5-7 years experience as a Product Owner in a Management Consulting Environment
- A bachelor's degree (computer science, engineering, accounting, finance preferred)
- MBA preferred
- CSPO (or equivalent) preferred
- Management or Project Management experience
- Microsoft Power Platform / Dynamics development experience
- Strong track record implementing Process Automation, RPA or Analytics / BI Tools / Digital Transformations
Why work for Aprio?
At Aprio, we are passionate about helping our clients and our associates achieve what's next. We are a premier CPA-led business advisory firm where thriving associates serve thriving clients. Whether you are just starting out, looking to advance into management, or searching for your next leadership role, Aprio offers the opportunity to join a winning team. At Aprio, you will work with industry-leading clients and collaborative and caring colleagues. We offer an entrepreneurial environment where our people come first, your ideas matter and you are rewarded with competitive compensation, industry-leading benefits and work life balance.
Some of the perks/benefits we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance on the first day of employment
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k with Profit Sharing
- Discretionary Time Off Policy
- Parental Leave - Coverage for both spouses
- Summer Hours/Flextime
- Tuition Assistance Program and CPA support program with cash incentive upon completion
- "Dress your Day" - jeans casual to business professional depending on your day
- Discretionary incentive compensation based on firm, group and individual performance
- Incentive compensation related to origination of new client sales
Aprio is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; religion; national origin; sex; pregnancy; sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; age; disability; genetic information, citizenship status; military service obligations or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.