Posted Under: Phoenix, Arizona jobs in Accounting, Auditing; Accounting, Auditing jobs in zipcode 85001
Posted On: 2019-08-15 00:00:00
Purpose of Job This position supports the supervision of front-line business units that are responsible for implementing and adhering to Heightened Standards and operating within risk tolerances. Identifies risk-related issues in their assigned organization pertaining to compliance and operational risks. Executes risk management tasks, projects, and activities which includes administering and creating strong action plans and timely mitigation of risk. Collaborates with Business Control Management (BCM) and 2nd line of defense team members to support and ensure effective risk mitigation. Job Requirements * Incorporates established risk standards and parameters into business unit operating policies and procedures.
* Guides the management and oversight support of the compliance and audit requests from the 2nd and 3rd line of defense, to include exam material collection of requests.
* Communicates issues, deficiencies, and corrective actions throughout the business unit.
* Provides a narrative summary to independent risk management, internal audit, executive management, and board and management committees which addresses key and emerging risks, business performance against limits and key risk indicators, exceptions, self-identified deficiencies, testing results, consumer complaints, operational losses, training completion, and the remediation of deficiencies.
* Makes recommendations to the CRO organization regarding the enterprise risk control governance framework and the standards and parameters established to govern risk-taking activities. Develops and executes actions plans in the event of a risk trigger or appetite breach.
* Leads escalation processes established by independent risk management to resolve issues involving disagreements among the lines of defense and actively participates in the discussion regarding matters where corrective actions have not been adequate or timely.
* Assists with managing the expectations and accountability for the team of supervision professionals in consultation with the Business Controls Management and independent risk management. Minimum Requirements * Bachelor's degree OR 4 additional years of experience beyond the minimum required
* 8 or more years experience in a risk management, compliance, regulatory, or audit function within the banking or insurance industry
* 6 or more years first line of defense experience in surveilling/monitoring financial services transactions
* Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level* When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses. Preferred * 5+ years of relevant work experience in Card and/or Bank Operations
* 4+ years Risk management experience in a Large Bank and/or highly matrixed environment related to banking regulations and compliance
* 3+ years experience in Control design, Control testing and Control validation
* 2+ years experience with risk metrics such as KRIs (Key Risk Indicators) and/or Risk Appetite
* Experience developing comprehensive risk based control plan, developing internal controls and performing control testing and/or audit techniques
* Experience leading product level risk assessments
* CISA, CRCM, CIA, CCSA, CRM or other risk/compliance certifications
* Knowledge of relevant banking regulations and compliance
* Knowledge of Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) oversight and governance practices
* Degree in Risk Management, Business or Finance The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job. At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals. Relocation assistance is available for this position. For Internal Candidates: Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting. Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 05/30/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.