Ascension (System Office)
Posted Under: Jacksonville, Florida jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs in zipcode 32099
Posted On: 2019-07-13 00:00:00
We Are Hiring
Surgical Tech - Labor and Delivery, Ascension St. Vincent's Southside
Full-time Days (7a-7p)
Join our family of dedicated, highly valued OB Surgical Techs at Ascension St. Vincent's Medical Center Southside. Currently a 311-bed facility, Southside, has a perfect mix of steady patient flow with relaxing effectiveness, St. Vincent's Southside is a truly balanced environment for those looking for a long-term career that avoids boredom or burnout.
As a Surgical Tech in Labor and Delivery, you will perform a variety of duties in surgical services to maintain a well-supplied, sterile environment.
* Performs terminal cleaning of each operating room daily, including thorough decontamination of furniture, equipment and air vents.
* Transports case carts, equipment and supplies and disposes of hazardous waste according to policies and procedures.
* Monitors and maintains supply inventories at an appropriate par level.
* Provides physical assistance for patient positioning, lifting and, moving as directed by clinical nursing staff.
* Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT).
* Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA).
High school diploma or GED required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's Healthcare (SVHC) will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hired individuals regardless of schedule and hours, including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)