Ascension (System Office)
Posted Under: Jacksonville, Florida jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs in zipcode 32099
Posted On: 2019-07-13 00:00:00
We Are Hiring
Join our family at Ascension St. Vincent's Riverside. As the flagship location for St. Vincent's, Ascension St. Vincent's Riverside is a 528-bed hospital with a fast paced, exciting atmosphere and an ever-constant flow of patients.
Open Heart Experience Required
Why join Ascension?
* More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community. With a mission established 100 years ago, your role on the team will contribute to a legacy that has supported our community for over a century.
* Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
What you will do:
* Prepare surgical operating suite with sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
* Hand required and requested instruments and supplies to surgeon during surgery.
* Assist with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
* Maintain instruments in an organized manner and monitors and tracks instruments counts throughout procedures.
* Assist surgeons provision of hemostasis during surgery.
What you will need:
High school diploma/GED required: Associate degree or Technical degree required.
* Open Heart experience required
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's Healthcare (SVHC) will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hired individuals regardless of schedule and hours, including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)