Posted Under: Omaha, Nebraska jobs in Professions; Professions jobs in zipcode 68101
Posted On: 2019-07-13 00:00:00
Location:NE - Omaha
Address:9202 "F" Street
Country:United States of America
Category:DC - Shipping/Receiving
Position: Freight Handler - 2nd Shift
Summary: This position is responsible for accurately processing merchandise by store and preparing merchandise pallets for shipment.
Key Responsibilities: Include but are not limited to:
- Stack merchandise onto and/or from: conveyor, pallets, floor, rollers, or racks by hand
- Separate merchandise for processing to specific stores, warehouse location or other instructions
- Review merchandise for store numbers, damage, overages and shortages
- Verify information on tickets, rec doc and packing slip; including quantities, vendor and order number
- Process merchandise by color, style and size as indicated on the scanner/PTL screen
- Maintain integrity of products through proper handling
- Use scanner to process merchandise for accurate inventory and location tracking
- Apply shrink-wrap and/or seal merchandise for trailers as necessary
- Identify any problems and forward all necessary paperwork to the Department Lead/Area Specialist
- Use a scanner to process merchandise for accurate inventory and location tracking
- Follow company policies and procedures and maintain a safe work environment
- Prepare area for next order by disposing of debris and properly prepping supplies
- Must be at work on a regular and predictable basis or as scheduled.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent is preferred
Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience:
- 6 months previous freight handling experience is preferred
- Able to sufficiently understand the English language to communicate clearly with individuals at all levels in the Company and to read and comprehend freight instructions
- Basic mathematical skills
- Able to lift weights of up to 75 pounds on a continual basis
- Ability to complete overhead work with pallet stacks up to 7-9 feet in height
- Ability to handle temperature fluctuations within working environment
- Able to walk or stand for shifts four to ten hours, with appropriate breaks
- Sufficient manual dexterity to lift overhead and perform check-in and splitting functions
- Ability to perform all essential job functions at 80% efficiency within 30 calendar days
Thank you for your interest in working at the Gordman's Distribution Center and for Stage Stores. We offer a generous benefit package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), 401 (k), retirement plan, a 20% off discount at all stores, 401k matching, Verizon discount, a casual dress code, and more.
All potential associates of Gordman's/Stage Stores will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.
Equal Opportuinity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
There has never been a better time to join the company whose growth knows no boundaries. The company that rewards your success with better pay, better benefits, better atmosphere, and better career advancement opportunities!
Back to Results
- Save this Job
- Refer this Job
Copyright © 2000 - 2019 by Cadient LLC.
All rights reserved.
U. S. Patents 7,080,057; 7,310,626; 7,558,767; 7,562,059; 7,472,097; 7,606,778; 8,086,558 and 8,046,251.