Posted Under: Sioux Falls, South Dakota jobs in Executive; Executive jobs in zipcode 57101
Posted On: 2019-07-13 00:00:00
Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you're empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
This position will be located in: Sioux Falls, SD
Supports the day-to-day operations of Account Managers, Customer Service Reps, and customers by providing product, application, and technical support and service. Regularly calls on customer accounts and makes joint sales calls with Account Managers to secure orders and perform other sales support functions for technical products and services, by providing customers field support, application support, training, and other services as required. Consults with customers on product and system applications. Provides customers with timely follow-up on quotations, technical inquiries and other requests.
- Works closely with Border States' sales and marketing staff to meet and exceed sales and gross profit objectives.
- Regularly calls-on customer accounts and makes joint sales calls with Account Managers to secure orders and perform other sales support functions for technical products and services, by providing customers field support, application support, training, and other services as required.
- Consults with customers on product and system applications.
- Provides customers with timely follow-up on quotations, technical inquiries and other requests.
- Provides continuous contact and interaction with customer's engineering staff, contractors and consultants.
- Provides specific or specialized product support for branches and customers.
- Actively participates in the marketing, planning, and sale of Border States' technical products and services.
- Participates in and advises management on the implementation and success of marketing plans and strategies.
- Consistently provides responsive, quality service to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Provides input to other sales and marketing staff on customer needs and concerns regarding pricing, products, competition, procedures, and market potential.
- Evaluates new products and makes recommendations on stock levels for new and existing products.
- Provides input to the pricing and purchasing departments on product evaluations and code descriptions, inventory management, pricing developments, and other related functions.
- Leads customer and BSE employee training on new and existing technical product lines and applications in specified product areas.
- Designs, develops and/or maintains database and documentation files such as engineering and technical records, TCCM savings, customer parts database by SKU including technical reference information (guides, specifications and standards), product and vendor files, technical reference library, and customer information file.
- Works with associated manufacturing agents/vendors as a liaison on all strategic issues related to planning, marketing, new products, launch and training.
- Evaluates demo equipment and makes suggestions for new products in specified product areas.
- Inputs TCCM cost savings documentation that is relevant to the assigned customer base.
- Ensures existing demos are in functional condition.
- Performs product updates and new product launches for branches and customers as required.
- Attends and assists with sales meetings, trade shows and training programs as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or designate.
- Minimum of a four-year technical or engineering degree preferred or the equivalent in work experience.
- Prefer the knowledge and technical competence in understanding electrical and hi-tech industrial products and applications including industrial automation software and hardware.
- Minimum of four-years of prior customer service, marketing, quotation or sales experience preferred.
- Minimum of three-years of prior electrical distribution and quotations experience preferred with a comprehensive knowledge of BSE product lines and applications, alternate product substitutes, and supplier pricing policies.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English preferred.
- Prefer strong working knowledge of PC for Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint), Internet, Email and SAP software.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and customer service skills are preferred with the ability to effectively plan and organize.
- Excellent customer service skills include being competent, accurate, responsive and engaged.
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with over 100 locations in 22 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers' needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you're responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?
Equal Opportunity For All
It's not just the law. It's something we've believed in since our founding. We value the diversity of all of our employee-owners and will always be an equal opportunity employer.
Drug Free/Smoke Free workplace