Octo Consulting Group
Posted Under: Boston, Massachusetts jobs in Other; Other jobs in zipcode 2101
Posted On: 2019-06-26 00:00:00
We are looking for---
The project you will be working is to migrate an existing legacy portfolio to a more evolvable architecture that can better leverage a cloud environment to deliver better technology, reduce program sustainment costs, and higher system reliability. Our approach is to transform legacy applications to be cloud native and reside on a Platform as a Service (PaaS). Additionally, modernize current applications by breaking them down into loosely coupled micro-services, and leveraging a continuous integration / continuous delivery pipeline to enable an agile DevOps Strategy.
Octo software engineers on this project will have an opportunity to receive 6+ months of Pivotal Cloud Foundry training as part of the standard on-boarding process for this project.
As a software engineer at Octo, you will pair program to maintain and improve the performance of existing software code, with duties to write and update software code. You are a software engineer that is comfortable working side by side with other engineers, product managers, designers, and clients, making decisions together to quickly deliver valuable working software to clients and their users. You have a passion for high-quality, reliable, and maintainable code. You are agile and retrospective, and not afraid to identify what we are doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we are doing right so we can improve on it.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client's missions.
What we'd like to see...
* Experience with modern front-end frameworks like React, Vue, or Angular
* Intimate knowledge of agile and lean philosophies and experience successfully leading software teams in the practice of these philosophies
* Experience with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration techniques using tools like Jenkins or Concourse
* Experience with test-driven development and automated testing practices
* Strong communication skills and interest in a pair-programming environment
* Possesses at least one of the Agile Development Certifications
* Certified Scrum Master
* Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
* Certified Scrum Professional
* Proven experience writing and building applications using a 12 factor application software architecture, micro services, and API-first methodologies
* Able to clearly communicate and provide positive recommendation of improvements to existing software applications
Years of Experience: 5 years of experience or more
Education: Associates in a Technical Discipline - Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent technical degree
Clearance: U.S. Citizenship required and DoD Secret preferred