Posted Under: St. Louis, Missouri jobs in Other; Other jobs
Posted On: 2019-06-26 00:00:00
We Are Hiring
What if you found an opportunity where your skills were used to impact lives?
The healthcare industry is experiencing a monumental shift. Caregivers and patients are demanding a seamless, integrated healthcare experience and the technology to provide that is front and center.
Ascension is searching far and wide for the best talent in tech to help us do something that has never been done before. We are looking for new team members to define groundbreaking opportunities, design prototypes, pilot and implement solutions, and ultimately reshape the healthcare experience.
If you enjoy creating something new, dreaming big, and have a passion for your expertise we encourage you to apply!
Why Join Ascension?
With more than 4,000 associates, Ascension Technologies enables access to data across applications, transforming how clinicians and patients interact with technology, which enhances our ability to better serve communities with greater agility and responsiveness. Our associates leverage technology to create collaborative solutions that improve health decisions every day. There are endless opportunities for influence - That's how we do tech at Ascension.
Where You Will Work
Flourish at Cortex; the region's largest innovation campus. Located in the heart of St. Louis, Cortex is a nationally recognized innovation hub that supports all technology sectors. As such, Ascension joins this community to help you thrive. Enjoy great food, gourmet coffee, gym, and a variety of workspaces and recreational activities to spark your creativity. With such a strong network of tech professionals in the area, you'll have plenty of opportunity to make connections and exchange ideas!
What You Will Do
As Solution Architect, you will ensure that Ascension stays on the leading edge of technology, demonstrates leadership in product quality, and maintains technical excellence and engineering practices. You will be responsible for shaping, implementing and leading delivery of strategic solutions. Through exploration and collaboration, you will engage in a rewarding career that's driven by you and powered by Ascension.
Our goal in this transformation is to hire people who are great at something. Give them new problems to work on. Trust them to be outstanding.
- Use Agile engineering practices and various software and web development technologies to rapidly architect creative and efficient solutions that enhance patient, caregiver, and clinician experience.
- Architect clinical data using EHR integration platforms, an enterprise data lake and data warehouse, and additional systems to enable advanced use cases such as treatment recommendations, documentation analysis, and value-based care.
- Drive efficient solution architecture design choices to ensure low-risk, efficient technical delivery, contribute across the technology stack, from database and DevOps infrastructure that supports continuous deployment to native apps.
- Coordinate with the enterprise architecture team and solution architect lead to ensure the journey is optimally integrated with the overall clinical technology stack.
- Establish, implement, and document the technology integration and migration roadmaps.
- Bring a strong business-and user-orientation to the architecture function, focusing on designing solutions that serve user needs, minimize total cost of ownership, and maximize value.
- Build Ascension as a digital brand for in the tech and open source community by participating in meetups, conferences, Hackathons & similar other external digital events in the region. Knowledge
- Infrastructure knowledge including RESTful APIs, Single Sign On, LDAP, LAMP, Search Technologies
- Understanding of EHRand/or lab system architecture and data including HL7 and FHIR What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate / Bachelor's degree.
- Master's degree is a plus Work Experience:
- 3 years of experience preferred
- 8+ years of software development experience, with knowledge of Agile development process and demonstrated appetite for continual learning, typically manifested in community contributions (e.g., open source work, publishing / speaking on technical ideas)
- Experience with code refactoring, design patterns, design-driven development, continuous deployment, highly scalable applications, application security
- Experience with relational and NoSQL data stores
- Functional expertise in clinical, laboratory and provider platforms and solutions e.g. EHR#m!t2020
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Technologies is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Technologies participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)