UNC Health Care
Posted Under: Raleigh, North Carolina jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs in zipcode 27601
Posted On: 2019-05-17 00:00:00
--- The incumbent is a member of a nurse driven team that responds to emergent or critical clinical situations.
--- Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
- Responds to and/or activates the Rapid Response Team, Code Blue, Code Stroke, Code STEMI, Code Critical, Code Sepsis, Targeted Temperature Management, and Behavioral Health emergencies.
- Utilizes the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation) to coordinate, delegate and provide safe therapeutic nursing care to patients throughout Rex Healthcare.
- Quickly assesses and evaluates patients in collaboration with the patient care nurse and contacts the attending physician/provider and respiratory therapist if needed. Formulates a plan of action and follows the established protocols and guidelines for the situation.
- Collaborates with other disciplines and providers to coordinate continuity of patient care. Follows established policies and protocols related to management of provider orders and the EMR.
- Promotes effective team interactions during patient events; facilitates timely patient assessments, dispositions/transfers and completes accurate documentation of all events.
- Provides critical care assessments and interventions as needed, until the patient is stabilized in the department or transferred to the appropriate higher level of care, as ordered by the provider.
- Uses the SBAR (Situation-Background-Assessment-Recommendation) communication technique as a framework for communication between members of the healthcare team about a patient's condition.
- Leads debrief sessions with hospital staff after Code Blue events or any critical event that happens during the shift.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle a variety of clinical situations throughout Rex Hospital and manages multiple complex situations simultaneously.
- Communicates in an effective, positive, and professional manner. Utilizes Team STEPPS communication techniques.
- Completes daily activity reports and shares opportunities for improvement with the Critical Care workgroup.
- Recognizes, supports, and utilizes evidence based nursing practices.
- Meets requirements without reminder or follow up for annual compliance training, license, certification (BLS/ACLS) renewal, and annual TB testing.
- Maintains professional growth and development through ongoing formal and informal education and clinical nursing study.
- Utilizes nursing knowledge to provide educational and professional development to staff and ensures clinical competence and quality patient outcomes.
- Assesses educational needs of the patient and significant others considering cultural issues and other special concerns.