Cameron Craig Group
Posted Under: Dayton, Ohio jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs in zipcode 45401
Posted On: 2019-02-13 00:00:00
TITLE: MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST-Team Leader
LOCATION: Dayton, OH
Are you considering a career change?
Would you be interested in living in Southwest Ohio where there is something for everyone.
Would you like to work with a company that uses a patient-first philosophy and provides a full-service clinical lab that provides access to vast resources including complex and specialize testing capabilities.
If so, an opportunity to work an established organization that serves several locations is looking to add Medical Technologist to join their team.
In cooperation with the department manager, the medical technologist instructs and performs routine and special laboratory assays of patient specimens in designated disciplines.
Responsible for the supervision, coordination and management of the Chemistry technical staff at the core lab.
- Provide direct supervision and daily leadership to the technical team.
- Utilize the departmental staffing plan to provide daily schedules, work assignments, and time to complete special projects,
- Review timekeeping system data on a regular basis, submit completed payroll records on time, and manage department overtime.
- Assist in the development and management of the department budget.
- Select new employees; provide initial training and ongoing development through coaching, continuing education, competency assessment and the performance appraisal process. Set goals and objectives, determine appropriate corrective action and document employee performance throughout the year.
- Coordinate departmental quality assurance activities, perform the regular review of qualify control records, collect pertinent data, and troubleshoot issues that affect workflow or operations, and facilitate improvement activities.
- Perform routine technical work, advanced/specialized testing or any other duties assigned or needed.
Certification as a MT(ASCP) or MLT(ASCP) is required.
Associates or Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Medical Laboratory Science (MT/MLT)
3-5 years of demonstrated success and experience in positions of progressively increasing responsibility in a medical lab environment.
Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities.
Schedule flexibility required for meetings and employee interactions on various shifts.
Ability to work within specified deadlines and timetables.
The position is a night shift and the hours are 11:30pm-8am.
Person will be over a staff of 10 plus and must be able to work collaboratively with all shifts for seemless work flow transition.
Great opportunity for someone to grow.
Positions will offer a salary between 50K-65K depending on experience.
Shift differentials are 15% for evenings and nights and weekend days. An additional 15% is offered for evenings and nights on the weekends.
A full benefit package is offered as well.