Specialty Government Services
Posted Under: Las Vegas, Nevada jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs in zipcode 89101
Posted On: 2019-02-13 00:00:00
Critical Care/ICU/PICU/NICU opening in Las Vegas, Nevada. This and other rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com Registered Nurse (RN) - Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
Nellis Air Force Base, Las Vegas, NV
Full-time, Contract - 6:45 am - 7:00 pm OR6:45pm - 7:00 am (up to 40 hrs/wk)
Fully benefited (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), PTO, paid holidays)
- Clear, active Nevada RN license
- BLS and ACLS
- At least one year of experience as an RN in a critical care area of four or more beds
- At least two years of experience as an RN, at least one year of experience as an RN within the last 24 months
TYPE OF WORK (duties include but are not limited to the following):
- Knowledge of a wide range of medical disorders and conditions seen in critically ill patients (e.g., Ventilator Associated pneumonia, Sepsis, and ARDS).
- Knowledge of care principles, practices, and procedures to perform nursing assignments of critically ill patients. Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development, and pathophysiology of disease processes specific to the critical care unit population to include all ages from adult to geriatrics.
- Assess patients' conditions for potential or life-threatening crises. Distinguish between normal and abnormal physical findings (from physical assessment and vital sign assessment) and revise plan of care based on identified problems.
- Ability to react in any emergency situation, (e.g., cardiac orrespiratory arrest, hemorrhage, shock, severe physical trauma and psychiatric reaction). Serves as member of the Rapid Response Team (RRT) and Code Blue resuscitation/response team and initiate life saving measures in the absence of a physician.
- Reassess patient's condition and revise plan of care based on identified nursing problems.
- Verify/transcribe, carry out, and document physician orders.
- Communicate pertinent patient data to charge nurse and/or physician as appropriate.
- Possess knowledge of pharmacological agents used in treatment of critically ill patients, as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations.
- Administer prescribed critical care medications to include multiple medication drips and intravenous push drugs (e.g., sedatives, narcotics, vasoactive medications, neuromuscular blockades, antidysrythmics, antihypertensives, thrombolytics, and emergency drugs), and inhalation therapy treatments.
- Assess and document patient response to medications administered and intervene if desired response is not achieved.
- Apply cardiac monitor leads and 12 lead EKG machine, analyze rhythm strips and notify physician of any abnormal results (e.g., dysrhythmias for patient situation). Interpret cardiac rhythms and their implications, intervene on emergent changes.
- Assess patient/family knowledge level and provide instruction regarding prescribed medications/therapies and surgical/diagnostic procedures.
- Care for patients with a variety of hemodynamic monitors to include pressure lines/transducers, Swan-Ganz catheters, and arterial lines. Obtain hemodynamic parameters and interpret results. Notify physician of any parameters outside of expected results.
- Demonstrate use and operation of defibrillator to include emergency defibrillator.
- Obtain Arterial Blood Gas via arterial puncture or drawing from arterial line. Interpret results, notify physician of abnormal results and anticipate intervention as appropriate.
- Draw blood from invasive monitoring lines, lab value interpretation and intervene as appropriate.
- Care of patients on ventilators to include knowledge of the modes of ventilation, including Ventilator Associated Pneumonia Bundle.
- Operate infusion pumps, enteral feeding pumps, and Patient Controlled Analgesia pumps, epidural pumps, electronic thermometers, and wound vacs. Keyphrases: critical care jobs, critical care nurse jobs, critical care medicine jobs, critical care nursing jobs, critical care nurses jobs, pulmonary critical care jobs, critical care transport nurse jobs, critical care registered nurse jobs, pediatric critical care jobs, surgical critical care jobs, critical care paramedic jobs, intensive care jobs, nicu nursing jobs, picu jobs, picu nurse jobs, cardiac critical care jobs, cardiac critical care medicine jobs, neonatal icu nurse jobs