Posted Under: Cedar Rapids, Iowa jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs in zipcode 52401
Posted On: 2019-02-13 00:00:00
In Center- RN DaVita is seeking a Float - Registered Nurse who is looking to give life in an outpatient dialysis center. You can make an exceptional difference in the lives of our patients and their families dealing with end-stage renal failure or chronic kidney disease. Great opportunity to work with our patients in Cedar Rapids and provide great care ! If you haven't considered Nephrology before, read on as we think that you should. Dialysis Experience is NOT required. We will train you !Come be apart of the Cedar Rapids , IA Teams ! Bonus Incentive of $ 3kWhat you can expect:
- Long term patient relationships. Build meaningful relationship with patients and their family in an intimate outpatient setting.
- A team that feels and functions like a family. Staff RNs are a central part of a small interdisciplinary team of clinicians. Work alongside technicians, nurses, dietitians, social workers, physicians and the center manager.
- Fun is one of our core values. Happier nurses = healthier patients.
- Specialized, complex care. RNs deliver care to patients who are often dealing with multiple co-morbidities which require unique treatment plans and the ability to leverage a broad range of nursing skills and knowledge.
- Fast paced. Our RNs oversee patients and Patient Care Technicians who assist with patient observations, measuring stats and machine set-up. You will work hard with your head, heart and hands each day.
- Schedule. Shifts are typically 10 - 12 hours, 3 to 4 days days/week, Mon-Sat (closed Sundays) two Saturdays a month is required . Schedule times will vary by location . Some holidays required. Days and hours can vary between Cedar Rapids clinics.
- Clinical leader: DaVita has the highest percentage of facilities meeting or exceeding CMS's standards in the government's two key performance programs. We expect our nurses to commit to improving patient health through clinical goal setting and quality improvement initiatives.What we'll provide:
- In-classroom and hands on training: if you are new to dialysis, we'll provide a 12 week paid training and the support to guide you through to becoming a nephrology nurse.
- Opportunity for a nursing career for a lifetime. DaVita is committed to providing robust development and experience for nurses. Whether you chose to remain in a patient facing/caregiving role or grow (leadership operations, corporate functions, integrated care, clinical research), we can guide you on that journey.
- Education assistance and license reimbursement: annual $3,000 tuition reimbursement and potential $25,000 scholarship opportunity. CNN and CDN certification reimbursement.
- 3000+ locations across the U.S. for wherever life may take you.
- Comprehensive benefits package: including medical, dental, vision, 401k plan, $2,500 cash gift for new parents, back-up child and elder care and so much moreSome details about this position:
- Your 12 weeks of training will include a combination of classroom and hands-on learning, through DaVita's award-winning training programs
- Training may take place in a facility or a training clinic if needed - majority of training will be done in Cedar Rapids clinic(s)
- Hours of work may vary during the training period
- You must have a flexible schedule and be able to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holiday
- Must be able to float between our two Cedar Rapids clinics - clinics are within close proximity to each other
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of IA
- 12 months' or more experience is highly preferred - will consider less than 12 months' RN experience
- A desire to deliver care in an empathetic, compassionate way. You know, the way you'd want your own care to be
- Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound recommendations in stressful situations
- Excellent communication skills to listen and communicate with patients and teammates
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N); three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and OutlookYou might also have (a.k.a. nice-to-haves):
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care Unit (CCU), Emergency Room (ER), or Medical Surgical (Med Surg) experience - will consider all areas of nursing
- Dialysis experience is highly preferred
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN)Ready to make a difference in the lives of patients? Take the first step at