Posted Under: St. Louis, Missouri jobs in Advertising; Advertising jobs
Posted On: 2019-02-13 00:00:00
Founded in 1942, Safety National is a leading specialty insurance and reinsurance provider headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, with several remote offices throughout the United States. The company is a subsidiary of Tokio Marine Holdings, Inc., a leading Tokyo-based global insurer that sustains a presence in over 40 countries. Safety National is a five-time Best Places to Work in Insurance honoree with recognition in both the insurers/providers and the medium-size employers categories. JOB SUMMARY: Ensure state reporting and payments are complete and accurate and prepared on a timely basis. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: At Safety National, we live by the following five core values: Relationships, Integrity, Teamwork, Balance, and Stability. Our Core Values serve as the fundamental foundation of our corporate culture and drive our interactions, both internally and externally. An essential function of all Safety National positions is to fully embrace and represent these core values in our daily work life and relationships. At Safety National, we live by the following five core values: Relationships, Integrity, Teamwork, Balance, and Stability. Our Core Values serve as the fundamental foundation of our corporate culture and drive our interactions, both internally and externally. An essential function of all Safety National positions is to fully embrace and represent these core values in our daily work life and relationships. Premium and Claims Financial Data Reporting:
- Collect, analyze and submit detailed financial data to state agencies. This includes -
- Communication with Corporate Compliance - Data Reporting as necessary to resolve reporting discrepancies
- Communication with Corporate Compliance - Claims as necessary to obtain information for claim related filing
- Communication with Data Quality department regarding data issues
- Communication with Claims department
- Reconcile detailed financial data to the general ledger and submit reconciliation to state agencies
- Research discrepancies between ledger and the annual statement page 14 to system data (IMS, Policy Center, and Claims Center) to ensure the most accurate reporting to state.
- Evaluate and interpret filing requirements for each state's monthly/quarterly/and annual filings
- Respond to state agency requests for further details and/or explanations related to data submitted
- Maintain organized records of data submitted to states
- Financial Call preparation and submissions:
- Timely submissions of all financial calls, NCCI states and independent states for SN & SF.
- Communicate with states to evaluate and interpret the financial call filing requirements as needed
- Organizing, preparing, and analyzing submissions of aggregate data for each state and SN entities (SN & SF).
- Answer, review, and analyze edit/questions related to financial calls.
- Handle state audit request specific to financial state reporting (collecting, analyzing, and submitting data requested for the audit) Surcharge and Assessment Reporting and Payment Processing Prepare surcharge and assessment reporting as required by each state for each SN entity (SN, SF, and SSIC)
- Prepare and submit surcharge and assessment payments as required by each state
- Reconcile surcharge liability accounts for each state to the general ledger (due by the end of the month)
- Maintain organized records of data submitted to states
- TMK reporting as needed for each state
- Surplus lines reporting as needed for each state
- Guarantee fund invoice processing for all states for all SN entities (SN & SF) Loss Portfolio Transfer (LPT) state reporting
- Prepare and submit claims paid information to states as requested
- Touch base with TPAs regarding losses paid on LPTs
- Reimburse TPAs that pay assessments
- Pay loss based assessments to the states as requested
- Reconcile GL accounts related to LPTs ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain email box
- Backup for internal management reporting and presentations
- Assist forecasting team as needed
- Assist in special projects for the department
- Assist tax department with premium and loss information as needed
- Must maintain consistent and predictable attendance
QUALIFICATIONS: Four year Bachelor's degree - Business/Accounting 5-8 years of experience in insurance industry or pertinent experience Experience in state reporting/accounting a plus Strong technical skills Proficiency in the use of Excel, Word and Outlook Proficiency in use of databases People Soft experience a plus Ability to think logically and apply knowledge Good oral and written communication skills Self starter with ability to work independently Able to prioritize tasks and complete duties within a specified time frame Detail oriented and organized and able to multi-task NOTE: In order to meet the needs of the Corporation, employees may be assigned other duties in addition to or in lieu of those described above. For consideration, please click on this link to the Safety National careers page and apply: Safety National will only accept resumes and applications from qualified applicants for particular job postings. Resumes and applications submitted that are not identified with a specific job posting will not be reviewed. Safety National reserves the right to unilaterally determine whether or not a particular applicant is qualified for any position with the Company. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Outstanding Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage. Employee and Children covered at no cost, low cost for Spousal coverage. Medical Deductible Reimbursement Plan Life/AD&D Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability provided at no cost to employee. 401k Savings and Profit-Sharing Plan Pre-Tax Dependent Care Assistance Plan Tuition Reimbursement Paid Leave and Holidays Alternate Work Schedules Business Casual Dress Policy EEO STATEMENT Safety National is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or membership in any other legally protected class. None of the questions in our application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job related information or protected characteristics.