National Safety Council
Posted Under: Chicago, Illinois jobs in Other; Other jobs in zipcode 60601
Posted On: 2019-01-13 00:00:00
Job DetailsLevel EntryJob Location Itasca - Itasca, ILPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level High SchoolTravel Percentage NoneJob Shift DayDescription & Company Info Summary Under direct supervision, receives and applies payments to customer accounts. Collects outstanding customer receivable balances, investigates and resolves customers questions regarding invoices and payments. Performs other clerical tasks pertaining to receivable accounts. Responsibilities Payment Transaction Processing 65%
- Process cash receipts.
- Process credit card payments.
- Receive, date, and match payments to open invoices. Apply payments to proper customer accounts.
- Maintain all cash receipts documentation including filing of paperwork.
- Record unidentified payments and pre-paid sales and assign control numbers to each transaction; maintain current record of transactions.
- Prepare daily bank deposit for payments received; cross-balances work to assure correct deposit.
- Process wire transfer and ACH transactions and keep accurate records.
- Assume primary responsibility of processing credit card refund requests received from Customer Service department and the DMC.
- Process balance transfers, credit cards, debit memos, and refund duplicate payments within established guidelines in accordance with NSC policies and procedures.
- Apply unapplied cash receipts and resolve any short, or over-payments to customer accounts.
- Ensure that all daily cash, wire transfers, ACH transactions, and any unapplied receipts are posted for end of month close.
- Open and sort daily mail.
- Close and post special batches to GP Collections 25%
- Contact members and customers with outstanding accounts by telephone to obtain a commitment and schedule to pay overdue amounts.
- Initiate notices to customers with seriously past due accounts; determines proper message in the letter or modifies letter to fit situation.
- Receive and respond to customer questions regarding invoices and subscription expirations, and refers calls to Membership Services as appropriate.
- Reconcile invoices using information received from customers and internal records. Resolves problems regarding improper applications of payments to invoices.
- Maintain, organize and analyze billing and payment history of customer accounts.
- Initiate internal correspondence regarding delinquent accounts.
- Record all data pertaining to the write-off of accounts.
- Remove soft hold on customer accounts in CRM after investigating credit and account balance issues.
- Process paperwork for credit balance refunds and accounts to go to collections. Other Job duties 10%
- Review questions and related transactions in order to identify resolution of assigned tickets. Research, follow up, and process tickets in a timely manner.
- Responsible for safety as outlined in the Safety Manual. Follows safety policies and practices specific to job/position and level Minimum Qualifications Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associates Degree in Accounting preferred.
- Minimum one year experience working as an accounts receivable clerk.
- Cash receipts experience preferred.
- Ability to operate ten-key calculator with proficiency.
- Ability to work accurately with figures and details
- Light typing skills (35 WPM), and MS Word, Outlook, & Excel proficiency.