Advanced Paramedic - Emergency Room - FT Days
At Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life . Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, Research Medical Center embodies the mission and heart of HCA MidAmerica. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients' health care needs, we staff over 700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties.
The Top 3 Reason's Employees love working in the Emergency Room:
1. The teamwork in our department is excellent!!
2. Our shared governance council in the ED and the involvement of our staff in the shared governance in the hospital allow our nurses to truly impact the decisions that are made in the department and the overall hospital.
3. Because we are an accredited chest pain center, a comprehensive stroke center, and a level one trauma center we see some of the most complex patients that allow for an incredible learning environment for any paramedic.
Learn more about working at Research Medical Center where above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life:
Are you looking for a place to make a difference with a healthcare system that offers the best resources to not only the community, but also its employees? Apply here today!
About Research Medical Center
Research Medical Center has served Kansas City and the surrounding area since 1886-and those years have allowed the 590-bed facility to put down meaningful roots in a community that depends on its acute and outpatient medical care services.
The hospital, which offers medical and health clinic services across three Kansas City locations, including the main campus on Meyer Boulevard, the Research Medical Center Brookside Campus on Rockhill Road and Research Psychiatric Center, a Campus of Research Medical Center on 63rd Street. Research Medical Center features a broad range of highly specialized, state-of-the-art services including a Level I Trauma Center; Cycle IV Chest Pain Center; Neuroscience Institute; Level 1 TCD-designated Stroke Center and the region's first Accredited Primary Stroke Center; TIA Clinic; Grossman Burn Center; Liver and Pancreas Institute of Kansas City; the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Research Medical Center; Obstetrics; Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit; Transplant Institute; and Orthopedics, among others.
Although Research Medical Center receives awards and prestigious recognition from The Joint Commission, the American Heart Association and other high-profile organizations, we don't rest on them-instead, our team members put excellence into action.
Research Medical Center, as part of HCA MidAmerica, does much more than just make an impact on patient lives and the community it serves. Our culture is founded on HCA's tenets of innovation, high-quality care, mutual respect and collaborative teamwork. Our hospital offers career opportunities that challenge, embrace and transform lives. And the unwavering dedication to deliver world-class healthcare is a two-way street: Research Medical Center is committed to its employees and, in turn, employees are committed to its patients and loved ones.
- The ER Paramedic may provide services that are within the scope of the ER Paramedic's State Paramedic Certification without physician supervision and direction and is responsible for implementing technical procedures and care to Emergency Room patients safely and effectively.
- The ER Paramedic reports to the Hospital's Patient Care Director of Emergency Services.
- The quality of care and service given will adhere to the philosophy and objectives of HCA in order to meet the healthcare needs of patients and their families.
- Current certification/Licensure in the State of Missouri as a Paramedic. EMT-P required.
- Current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider required
- ACLS Provider and PALS provider within 6 months of hire.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a field Paramedic with an EMS agency and/or clinical experience working in a hospital.
- Current clinical competency must be demonstrated and additional education/training may be required by the HCA hospital employing the ER Paramedic.
- Competency assessment, training, education and performance review shall be the sole responsibility of the hospital that employs the ER Paramedic.
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA.