Beacon Health Options
Posted Under: Anchorage, Alaska jobs in Executive; Executive jobs in zipcode 99501
Posted On: 2019-01-12 00:00:00
We are currently seeking a dynamic Medical Director to lead an exciting opportunity in Alaska.
We are currently seeking a dynamic Medical Director to lead an exciting opportunity in Alaska. The Medical Director oversees the medical utilization and review process, provides clinical supervision to Peer Advisors and collaborates with Care Managers and Clinical Supervisors. Ensures the organizational objective to have qualified clinicians accountable to Beacon for decisions affecting members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements policies and procedures in the coordination of the Director of Clinical Operations, Director of Quality Management (QM), and the Corporate Medical Director.
- Provides input for corporate-wide policies, procedures, protocols, criteria, and guidelines through the Clinical Policy Standards committee.
- Manages the Peer Advisors (as assigned) and the review process to ensure quality and consistent application of Beacon policies and protocols.
- Manages workflow and Peer Advisors' productivity and performance as it impacts utilization and other performance standards.
- Oversees the management of the process of providing Peer Advisors reviews to other Beacon engagement centers through collaboration with their Medical Directors and staff.
- Serves as co-chair of the QM and the Utilization Management committees.
- Conducts peer clinical review by telephone or in person to discuss review determinations with providers when available.
- Consults on cases referred by Care Managers or their supervisors to ensure quality and consistent application of Beacon policies and procedures within the limits of the client benefits plan.
- Periodically consults with providers, non-staff, and in-network practitioners.
Education: MD or DO (Doctor of Osteopathy) from an accredited medical school and board certification by the Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Licensures: Unrestricted medical license to practice independently in Alaska (i.e., current and unrestricted medical license in psychiatry or osteopathy); certification with the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Relevant Work Experience:
Minimum of five years' of post-residency clinical practice managing behavioral health services, including mental health and substance use disorders
Click below on "Apply for this Position" to create a profile and apply for the position
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
AAP Reporting Location:
CA - Cypress
ID (Req #):
Monday - Friday