Posted Under: Phoenix, Arizona jobs in Hospitality & Tourism; Hospitality & Tourism jobs in zipcode 85001
Posted On: 2019-01-11 00:00:00
The Claims Customer Service Representative Job Family is responsible for providing front line, direct contact with clients and customers. This is principally done through receiving or placing telephone calls, however mail, express delivery, fax and other electronic methods (e-mail) are also possible means of communication. Generally uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering and/or trouble shooting the items raised by the client/customer. Recognizes consistent problem areas and reports to higher level for action. Responds in a timely manner. Assists the client/customer in moving through the claims process. Assesses the need for providing information or education to the customer. Most of these activities follow standard procedures and policies with more senior levels using greater latitude and judgement in responding to customers.
- Responsible for processing inbound calls for initial reporting of claims by policyholder, client (mortgage company, etc.) or other.
- Provides status on existing claims to either policyholder and/or client.
- Updates computer records in order to maintain data integrity of information.
- Resolution of customer issues and refers escalated items to higher levels for guidance.
- Researches information in order to provide customers with basic data related to policies.
- Maintains client relationships via quality customer service and timely processing of additional claims request through fax/email.
- Knowledgeable of products related to auto/ mortgage business and additional product/services associated with the company.
- Other duties as assigned by management and may support other departmental areas based on business need.
- High school diploma / GED
- At least 1 year of customer service related experience
- Working knowledge of basic computer programs with an emphasis on MS Windows and MS Office (especially Excel)
- Understanding of a call center environment and importance of service standards
- Knowledge and experience in the insurance industry
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills
- Previous customer service experience in a call center environment