Posted Under: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs in zipcode 19019
Posted On: 2017-11-24 19:00:00
Job Description BEHAVIORAL HEALTH WORKER Child Behavioral Services - School Therapeutic SupportLocation: Philadelphia, PA SUMMARYBehavioral Health Worker (BHW) will be responsible for providing one-to-one mental health interventions to children and adolescents with disorders in a School Therapeutic Support group. The program is from 8am through 3:30pm, Monday through Friday. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in a generally recognized human service discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree in another field plus the equivalent of at least one year of full time paid work experience involving direct care to children or adolescents.
- 60 credits towards a Bachelor’s degree plus the equivalent of at least 3 years of full-time paid work experience involving direct care to children or adolescents
- Associate’s degree plus the equivalent of at least 3 years of full-time paid work experience involving direct care to children or adolescent
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must complete 15 hours of training prior to working alone with children or adolescents and maintain an additional 24 hours of training within the first 6 months of workingESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- BHW to assist with the promotion of age-appropriate psychosocial growth inclusive of social skills, emotion regulation, and self-management.
- Will work in conjunction with a Lead Clinician (LC), who oversees the implementation of treatment.
- The BHW should work collaboratively with all involved collateral providers, including parents to help them develop the skills and techniques needed to integrate the child academic and social activities.
- Writing progress notes on daily basis describing child progress
- Knowledgeable on how to access web based programs Company DescriptionNET Centers (NET) offers support and hope to individuals and families at times of great stress in their lives. A nonprofit agency, NET provides a continuum of trauma informed behavioral health and social services designed to meet complex needs of all family members. These include mental health, addiction treatment, foster care, residential group care, adoption, juvenile justice services and child welfare services. While some services address the needs of the family as a whole and some target individuals, we always strive to foster positive connections within the family to help all family members heal, recover and rebuild.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.philadelphiarecruiter.com/healthcare-jobs/455462735/behavioral-health-worker!