Animal Care Centers of NYC
Posted Under: New York, New York jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs in zipcode 10001
Posted On: 2017-11-23 02:00:00
Job DescriptionNow is the time to join the Medical Team at Animal Care Centers of NYC. Our new Medical Director is taking a proactive approach to enhancing the health and welfare of the animals we serve. Digital radiography, in-house blood & chemistry analyzers, oxygen cages, and advanced patient monitoring capabilities are some of the bells and whistles at your disposal. Come be part of a progressive shelter in the making!Over 30,000 animals pass through our shelter system every year, and in 2016 the Live Release Rate was over 89%. Yes, there are challenges in keeping all of these animals healthy. We are rising to this challenge by assembling a top notch medical team.Your work days will not be boring! A typical day involves surgery, Intake triage, daily rounds, cruelty investigation and medical oversight to over 300 animals that can reside in our shelter on any given day. We encourage you to provide enhanced care until the animal has an outcome. Your input on important matters such as disease control and medical department operations will be sought and your expertise will be utilized to mentor staff.Your leadership skills will give direction to the rest of the medical team which includes licensed technicians and trained support staff. While our residents are predominantly dogs and cats, we have a large rabbit population and we are no stranger to exotics somehow finding their way into the city!NYC ACC is an open admission shelter, and thus part of a DVM’s responsibility is to advise on placement and euthanasia – decisions that we don’t make lightly.We are seeking veterinarians for all three of our shelters in Brooklyn, Manhattan and Staten Island. Salary is commensurate with experience – we do our best to remain competitive with an attractive benefits package including a continuing education stipend and flex scheduling.Qualifications and Required Skills:
- DVM, VMD, or equivalent degree.
- Licensure in NYS to practice veterinary medicine.
- 3-5 years of clinical practice, shelter medicine preferred.
- Strong surgical and diagnostic skills
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Dependable, reliable, and efficient.
- Must have a valid NYS driver's license.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds, stand for prolonged periods of time, and perform multiple surgeries on a daily basis.Work Environment: The employee will regularly be exposed to the following: potentially zoonotic diseases (including rabies), aggressive animals, loud noises (e.g. barking dogs), and odors.Reports to: Senior Medical Director Overtime: This position is exempt from overtime. Salary Negotiable: Full-time, exempt, competitive salary, plus benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, sick leave, annual leave, professional association dues and 401K.Company DescriptionAnimal Care Centers of NYC (ACC) is one of the largest animal welfare organizations in the country, taking in approximately 30,000 animals each year. We are different from other rescue organizations because we never turn away any homeless, abandoned, injured or sick animal in need, including cats, dogs, rabbits, small mammals, reptiles, birds, farm animals and wildlife. ACC is the only 501(c)(3) nonprofit in NYC with this unique responsibility.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.newyorkrecruiter.com/healthcare-jobs/455462003/veterinarian!