Riverside Community Care
Posted Under: , jobs in Other; Other jobs
Posted On: 2017-11-22 02:00:00
Job DescriptionExciting opportunity for an Outreach/Therapeutic Mentor to join Riverside Community Care!The Outreach/Therapeutic Mentor provides safe, therapeutic, skill based interventions and activities for youth and families, within the home and community, to help improve social, emotional, and family functioning.The Outreach/Therapeutic Mentor:
- provides structured, one to one, strength based support services with youth for purpose of addressing daily living, coaching, and training around age appropriate behaviors, interpersonal communication problem solving and conflict resolution and relating appropriately to other children and adults
- plans and provides supportive, safe activities of varying type and functional level in response to identified needs of youth and families in the program
- assumes primary responsibility for planning and implementation of youth support/ mentoring services for assigned cases in collaboration and direct line of treatment team and goals
- closely coordinates outreach and support activities with assigned clinicians working with the youth and families involved
- works in close collaboration and under the Masters Level IHT Clinician to support implementation of treatment plan to assist the youth and family in achieving agreed upon goals
- assists the clinician in implementing the therapeutic objectives designed to address the youths mental health, behavioral and emotional needs
- directs and assists youth to understand, direct, interpret, manage, and control feelings and emotional responses to situation and to assist the family to address the youth emotional and mental health needsRequired Skills
- 21 years of age or older
- Valid driver’s license, safe driving record, and carRequired Experience
- Bachelors Degree in mental health related discipline preferred
- (1) year experience working with youth or, Associate Degree in Human Services field
- and one (1) year experience working with youth or, High School Diploma or GED and minimum of two (2) years of experience working with youth.
- Six months to a year experience working with children and/or adolescents with emotional difficulties and their families.
- Bilingual in Spanish, Portuguese, Nepali, Haitian Creole or ASL preferredRiverside Community Care is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive organization committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities. We provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.Company DescriptionEach year Riverside Community Care provides more than 40,000 children, adolescents, and adults with a broad range of behavioral healthcare and human services. We offer mental healthcare, developmental and brain injury services, youth and early childhood programs, addiction treatment, trauma response, and more.You can count on Riverside when you or someone you know needs help. We take your trust seriously and work hard to make a difference by delivering compassionate, locally-based, integrated care.We are proud to be an award-winning, non-profit organization offering emergency care, urgent and outpatient services, in-home and residential care, psychiatric day programming, early intervention, employment support and domestic violence services throughout eastern and central Massachusetts. We partner with local hospitals and physicians, and we work with most insurers and MassHealth. And, Riverside is where your community, schools, and workplaces turn when faced with the emotional aftermath of tragic events such as teen suicides or natural disasters.We make a difference -- locally, every day.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.bostonrecruiter.com/other-jobs/455192983/outreach-therapeutic-mentor-1310!