Longo Toyota of Prosper
Posted Under: Dallas, Texas jobs in Professions; Professions jobs in zipcode 75201
Posted On: 2017-11-22 21:00:00
Job DescriptionLooking to thrive in a demanding and fast pace environment, then look no further as we get ready to launch our newest location in Prosper, Texas!The Service Consultant is responsible for assisting the Service Manager with the customer-sensitive, profitable and efficient operation of the dealership's Service Department. Essential Duties include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Do the right thing!
- Greets all Guests in a timely manner.
- Promotes service sales through communication of information to Guests on the maintenance and repair needs that are identified during the service appointment process.
- Promotes the sale of and provides estimates for labor, parts, and accessories.
- Maintain communication regarding any changes in the estimate and/or promised time and follows-up with guests as necessary.
- Maintains communication with the Parts Department and technician regarding job status and changes
- Manages the vehicle service repair process from the moment guest arrives, until the vehicle is returned to the guest, while providing updates during the process.
- Processes internal and external claims with labor operations and all necessary information required by the manufacturer in a timely manner to obtain best return for the dealership.
- Properly, thoroughly, and legibly writes repair orders for all guests services and all internal work performed.
- Reviews repair orders written for proper completion, accuracy, and legibility according to the applicable policies and procedure manuals.
- Generates repair orders for pre-delivery inspection and pre-owned vehicles upon delivery of vehicles.
- Verifies that all needed accessories needed for installation are available; follows-up on back order parts.
- Manages and reviews work in process to ensure no work is over 30-days.
- Carefully inspects every finished repair order for proper completion, pricing accuracy, and legibility; Ensures proper repair order flow to satisfy government agency, warranty/dealership/business office requirements.
- Determines and enters the applicable labor operation codes, failure codes, parts stamps and/or other administrative data required and enters them on the repair orders.
- Ensures all correct parts have been charged and priced appropriately.
- Flags the appropriate technicians for the hours earned on the operations they performed according to manufacturer policies and procedures.
- Works alongside the Warranty Administrator to check repair orders against the vehicle’s service history to avoid making duplicate claims and technician receiving double payment.
- Collects the total retail charges from the Guest in cash, check, or authorized charge account.
- Makes change and issues receipts to Guest.
- Reconciles cash drawer daily.
- Uses dealership software programs for input and retrieval of information, such as determining the status of guests’ vehicles.
- Closes or finalizes all repair orders for which funds have been received in computer system.
- Remains continuously posted on the shop’s workload to determine the kind of work the shop can quickly
- Advises guests on the care of their vehicles and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Answers, transfers, and provides information to incoming service calls.
- Answers guests questions over the phone, internet, and in person; handles guests’ concerns with integrity, poise, and when necessary, refers dissatisfied guests to the appropriate individuals for resolution.
- Establish long-term positive relationships with guests.
- Serves as liaison with factory representatives.
- Stays up to date on product changes, new products, and warranties.
- Coordinates the Courtesy Guest Shuttle pick-up and delivery for the Service Department.
- Informs Guests when vehicles have been serviced and ready pick-up.
- Performs other specific administrative functions as directed by service management.
- Achieves the production and guest satisfaction objectives set by management.
- Maintains assigned workspace in an organized and clean manner.
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
- Maintains high ethical standards in all actions. Qualifications to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and should possess:
- A high school diploma or equivalent; Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school desired;
- Minimum of two (2) years of automotive diagnostic experience;
- Knowledge of vehicle products and warranties; and mathematical principles (adding, subtracting, dividing, multiplying, and percentages) and there application;
- Ability to operate manual transmission vehicles; determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it; coordinate activities with other employees; use good judgment in challenging situations; read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; read and comprehend instructions and information in the English language; work well with the public; communicate in a professional manner on the phone, internet and in person; and use standard office equipment.
- Must have a valid sales driver’s license and maintain an acceptable and safe driving record. Physical Demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual will be required to:
- Stand for long periods at a time.
- Able to withstand outdoor weather.
- Use hands and fingers in repetitive motions, daily.Company DescriptionThe #1 Toyota Dealer in the USA is coming to Texas! Longo Toyota of Prosper is a proud member of the Penske Motor Group family of automotive dealerships. We are building something special here, inspired by the guiding principles that have made Longo a market leader for 50 consecutive years and powered by talented team members who are passionate about delivering a gold standard of service and hospitality.Our team will work hard to be your automotive dealer of choice for sales, service, parts, and collision repair.But we won't stop there. Community partnerships are also very important to us. We will strive to make a difference in the cities we live and operate. You can expect us to be actively involved in our community.Join us as part of the team that opens this historic location in Fall 2017!
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.dallasrecruiter.com/professions-jobs/455192389/service-consultant!