Posted Under: Boston, Massachusetts jobs in Professions; Professions jobs in zipcode 2101
Posted On: 2017-11-22 03:00:00
Job DescriptionJob Title: Inventory Control and Procurement ManagerLocation: Wilmington, MA (15 miles north of Boston)Reports to: Director of Service OperationsStatus: Full TimePosition Summary:The Inventory Control and Procurement Manager will report to the Director of Service Operations and is a hands-on and integral part of the Parts and Service team within the organization. Interaction among departments is critical to the success of the position as is the ability to created detailed and thorough analysis related to forecasting and inventory level. The incumbent will improve overall efficiency of the organization by creating a single source supply chain, bringing on-hand balances to efficient levels and streamlining the inventory process, reporting and accuracy. The position is responsible for all aspects of inventory control including database management, equipment and parts order processing, receiving, transfers, cycle and counts. Strong database management skills are required.Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Thorough understanding of parts management and inventory.
- Ability to communicate sophisticated issues to others in the organization.
- Provide strong internal customer service levels to others in the organization.
- Develop and implement a single source supply chain, sourcing alternate suppliers when prudent.
- Assist in development and communication of processes that support organizational goals.
- Identify root cause of variances and errors.
- Optimize inventory levels in service van fleet, muliple warehouse locations and parts depots.
- Supervise a team of Parts Associates, Parts Coordinators and Shipping & Receiving Associates at multiple company locations.Minimum Position Requirements:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 3+ years of directly related experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Strong computer and database management skills.
- Proven interpersonal and customer service skills.Preferred Position Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of directly related experience.
- Experience in commercial refrigeration experience is a plus.
- Experience with Open Systems Traverse ERP software or other similar platform a plus.Compensation and How to Apply: Horizon Bradco offers an attractive and competitive compensation package. A full benefit package is available including medical/Rx, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, supplemental employee paid life insurance, disability and flexible spending accounts. A 401k plan with a company match is available at hire.Interested parties should submit a résumé that includes an email address and phone number to this posting and fully answer all screening questions. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those candidates who meet our qualifications will be contacted.EOENo third party recruiters or placement agencies please. No phone calls please.Company DescriptionHorizon Bradco is a leading food processing equipment distributor and service provider to major grocery store chains and select food processors. The Company has approximately 200 employees with headquarters in New York's Capital Region and offices in Massachusetts, Connecticut, Florida and South Carolina. For a better understanding of the company, please visit our website at www.horizonbradco.com. To see all our current career opportunities, please visit www.horizonbradco.com/jobs.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.bostonrecruiter.com/professions-jobs/455192015/inventory-control-and-procurement-manager!