United States Army
Posted Under: New York, New York jobs in IT / Software / Systems; IT / Software / Systems jobs in zipcode 10001
Posted On: 2017-11-21 02:00:00
Job DescriptionOverviewInformation technology specialists are responsible for maintaining, processing and troubleshooting military computer systems/operations.Job Duties
- Maintenance of networks, hardware and software
- Provide customer and network administration services
- Construct, edit and test computer programsRequirementsThose who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.TrainingJob training for an information technology specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 20 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Use of computer consoles and peripheral equipment
- Computer systems concepts
- Planning, designing and testing computer systemsHelpful Skills
- Interest in computer science
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Experience in installation of computersRequired ASVAB Score(s)Skilled Technical (ST): 95Learn more about the ASVAB and see what jobs you could qualify for.CompensationTotal compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.Earn Cash For In Demand JobsYou could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties. Visit Jobs in Demand to see if this job qualifies for an enlistment bonus.Education BenefitsIn the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.Future Civilian CareersThe skills you learn will help prepare you for a career as a network support technician, data-processing technician or computer programmer.PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) ProgramThose interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- AAI CORPORATION
- EATON CORPORATION
- L-3 Communications Linguist Operations & Technical Support
- Comcast Cable Communications, Inc
- CISCO SYSTEMS
- CDW, LLC
- CoxCom, Inc.
- T-MobileCompany DescriptionThe Army is one of the largest and most important government organizations in the United States. Its function is to defend the American people from aggressors with a force of qualified, skilled, and dedicated Soldiers.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.newyorkrecruiter.com/it-software-systems-jobs/454930599/us-army-army-reserve-information-technology-specialist-25b!