PAE Antarctica Contract
Posted Under: Chicago, Illinois jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs in zipcode 60601
Posted On: 2017-11-20 20:00:00
Job DescriptionPAE is currently seeking a Firefighter to support an exciting new mission in support of the National Science Foundation's Antarctic Operations. The Firefighter:
- Provides Fire/EMS/Crash Fire (ARFF)/hazardous materials emergency response.
- Is responsible for implementing USAP Fire Prevention Plan and ensuring that emergency response equipment is operational within the guidelines stipulated by this plan and the Disaster Preparedness Plan for the particular Antarctic site/station.Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- IFSAC, Pro-Board/DoD, or State Certified Firefighter II; Airport Fire Fighter; Hazardous Materials First Responder: Operations and EMT-B required. National Incident Management System (NIMS): ICS 100 and 200 are required. Valid state drivers license is required.
- Three years previous full time firefighting experience is required; two years volunteer experience or paid on-call time equals one year full time experience.
- Participants in ongoing training as necessary to remain current on EH&S standards, OSH requirements as well as Fire, EMS and Hazmat.
- Willingness and ability to deploy to Antarctica for extended periods is required.
- Must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica.
- US citizenship or US Permanent Resident Status is required.
- Must be willing and able to lift and move items, parts, assemblies and equipment up tot he safety regulation maximum.
- Must be willing and able to perform physical activities including heavy lifting, climbing in and out of equipment, crawling, and working outdoors.We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.PAE is a drug free workplace. Company DescriptionPAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. Government, its allied partners and international organizations. As it enters its 60th year of business, PAE's current portfolio includes capabilities in critical facility infrastructure, aviation, logistics, training, range operations and national security solutions, to support some of the most meaningful and exciting missions in the world. Today, the approximately 15,000 members of our global workforce perform with excellence and dedication in roughly 60 countries, on all seven continents, in some of the world's most challenging regions. We attribute our success to the quality of our work and the integrity and high ethical standards that define our business operations. PAE is headquartered in Arlington, VA.We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.PAE is a drug free workplace.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.chicagorecruiter.com/healthcare-jobs/454649539/airport-firefighter-with-emt-cert-antarctica!