Montana Metal Products
Posted Under: Chicago, Illinois jobs in Other; Other jobs in zipcode 60601
Posted On: 2017-11-20 20:00:00
Job DescriptionMontana Metal Products has provided steady hours and countless opportunities for its 100+ employees for nearly 60 years. This is a great workplace to learn new skills and advance within the aerospace manufacturing industry. We are seeking a CNC Machine Operator and Set-Up Person to become an integral part of our team! Must be willing to work occasional overtime. Must have at least one year of metal fabrication experience - no exceptions. What We Provide You:
- Company covers majority of employee premiums on Medical, Dental, Vision
- Company-paid Life, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) with a match
- Vacation (prorated at 10 days)
- 10 paid holidays per yearResponsibilities:
- Check work instruction to ensure accurate settings for job to fabricate metal sheets.
- Identify and locate proper material thickness and gauge.
- Run production as instructed on a variety of machinery and equipment including de-burring equipment.
- Visually inspect production for burrs, scratches, rust and other defects.
- Check product against sample using tape measure.
- Separate rejected product for sorting.
- Return all hand tools, gages and parts, etc. to proper storage areas.
- Timely and accurate completion of all paperwork associated with the position.
- Verify, count and package completed production.
- Participate in activities to increase personal skill level, overall departmental processes and product quality.
- Maintain organized and clean work area.
- Receives, understands and follows all written and oral instruction.
- Maintain meet or exceed rating on performance evaluations.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures in including safety and attendance requirements.
- Other duties required to meet company needs as assigned by Fabrication Supervisor.Requirements: 1. Ability to learn to speak, read and communicate in English 2. Ability to read and understand blue prints. 3. Basic shop math understanding. 4. Proficient in horizontal and vertical Lathes and Mills. 5. Familiar with Mazatrol machines and Solid Works. 6. Distinguish a variety of raw materials (stainless steel, cold rolled steel, etc.) 7. Effective communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills. Company DescriptionMontana Metal Products is a well-established Precision Sheet Metal Fabricator, Machining, Metal Finishing and Value-Added Manufacturer located in the suburbs of Chicago, Illinois. Founded in 1957 on Montana Street in Chicago, the company currently operates in a 100,000 square foot facility and employs over 100 people. Customer concentration has been within, but not limited to, aerospace and defense, medical, diagnostic, security, and telecommunication industries. The company's strength is the manufacture of custom close tolerance component fabrication in all alloys, design assistance and processing from inception to prototype and into full production. Our client specializes in extremely complex quality manufacturing, is certified to AS:9100C, ISO:9001 2008 and Military Standard I-45208 and has earned "Top Supplier" awards from many of its major customers.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.chicagorecruiter.com/other-jobs/454648397/cnc-mazak-horizontal-mill-set-up-person-3-30pm-12am!