Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the worlds largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries. The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the worlds largest chain of automotive tire and service centers. Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.Position Summary
This role will manage the 3D MEP coordination process for multiple projects and serve as the lead for BIM execution protocols on assigned projects. This role will educate engineering staff, driving innovation and process improvement using in-scope technologies and methodologies resulting in documented savings in both dollars and efficiencies.Responsibilities
- Receive and manage multiple subcontractor models.
- Coordinate all BIM Logistics (Contracts, Emails, File sharing, etc.)
- Create, maintain and analyze federated model mainly for coordination purposes.
- Review and document design document and coordination conflicts.
- Run and analyze clash detection on federated model.
- Orchestrate vendor relationships regarding model reviews.
CREATE & MAINTAIN MODELS FOR PROJECT SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- Create models including structure, interior and exterior architectural elements and MEP systems.
- Coordinate with BIM service providers and Subcontractors.
- Compile contract BIM close out documentation.
- Assist project team with construction coordination and scheduling.
- Facilitate foreman model review meetings.
- Facilitate job layout driven by 3D model data.
- Associates degree and 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience as BIM Manager for at least 4 years working on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Expert in AutoDesk Revit and Navisworks
- Familiar with AutoDesk Vault and Inventor/AutoCAD
- Experienced in Laser Scanning and Point Cloud Modeling
- Good communication and training skills (verbal and written)
- Strong teaching and coaching skills to bring new team members up to speed
- Ability to communicate the benefits of BIM, both for internal and external purposes
- Passion about BIM and how it can be used to improve the productivity of those who work in design and construction.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.nashvillerecruiter.com/engineering-jobs/446762455/bim-manager!