Posted Under: Hackensack, New Jersey jobs in Healthcare; Healthcare jobs
Posted On: 2017-10-22 14:00:00
Job DescriptionAlert Core RequirementsObserve safety and security procedures at all times!
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities, objective and open to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; builds positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Follows policies and procedures; observes safety and security procedures; demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Performs all duties with the utmost professionalism, reliability and integrity.SummaryAssess injuries, administer emergency medical care, and extricate trapped individuals. Transport injured or sick persons to appropriate medical facilities.Essential Job Functions
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency using a variety of patient lifting and moving devices such as: backboard, Reeves, scoop stretcher, stair chairs, ambulance stretchers, etc.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in driving an ambulance and / or mobility assistance vehicle.
- Operates Alert Ambulance vehicles safely and professionally, in compliance with all laws and rules governing same, within CEVO-A and Alert Ambulance standards for emergency vehicle operation, and with due regard for the public.
- Drives ambulance to specified location, following instructions from Communication Dept.
- Assess nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures.
- Responsible for thorough documentation of all aspects of transport, e.g. time, patient condition, vital signs, narrative on all services provided.
- Administers emergency medical treatment to sick or injured persons in a pre-hospital setting.
- Operates equipment in accordance with certification.
- Provide patient care in accordance with Emergency Medical Technician certification. Examples of patient care may include: comfort and reassure patients; oxygen administration, taking blood pressures and pulses, performing CPR, administering emergency medical care within scope of practice.
- Maintains vehicles and medical and communication equipment, and replenish emergency medical equipment and supplies. Decontaminates ambulance interior following treatment of patient.
- Observes, records, and reports to receiving facility the patient's condition or injury, the treatment provided, and reactions to treatment.
- Coordinates patient care with other emergency medical team members and SCTU RNs as applicable.
- Communicates with Alert Communication Dept. on status of assignment.
- Ensures that appropriate patient medical documents accompany all transports.
- Safely transfers patients to appropriate receiving personnel and provides complete report to appropriate personnel, facilitates effective transfer of care.
- Must be capable of communicating via written and verbal means in the English language.
- Additional duties or overtime as management may require in the daily operations of Alert Ambulance Service, Inc. and /or its affiliates.Additional Job Functions
- Participate in all required continuing education.
- Keep certifications current.
- Comply with annual re-training.Reporting to this position: No direct reports.Physical Demands and Work Environment: The characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, sit, use hands to finger, lift, maneuver, push and or pull up to 150 lbs, balance, stoop, talk, hear with and without background noise, use all fine motor skills. Visual acuity required includes: close, color, distance, peripheral, depth, ability to adjust focus. Able to drive > 75 miles daily.
- Work Environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time, walking, driving and riding in company vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is constant and moderate. It is potentially an uncontrolled hazardous environment.Required Skills / Knowledge -- All items listed below are to be current, valid, or in good standing.EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent.ExperienceFour (4) years’ driving experience.CertificationHealthcare Provider CPRNJ, PA, NY or National EMTLicensesMotor Vehicle Driver LicenseIn-Service Training Orientation ProgramBlood Borne PathogensDefensive DrivingHIPAACorporate ComplianceFire SafetyCustomer ServicePolicy & ProcedureDiversity CEVOPCRMeet the FleetHAZCOMCode 3 ResponseAED/BVMLifting & MovingCritical Care EMTSpecialty Care transportsPreferred Certifications / Skills / KnowledgePHTLS / BTLSCBRNEIS 100, 200, 300HAZMAT Company DescriptionSince 1972, Alert Ambulance Service has provided professional, prompt, expert emergency and non-emergency medical transportation for the hospital and nursing home communities, as well as municipal 911 and private clients.Alert Ambulance Services home office is located in Lakewood, NJ.Additional offices located: Lakewood (exit 88 on the NJ Parkway) Holmdel (exit 117 on the NJ Parkway) Manahawkin (exit 63 on the NJ Parkway) Hamilton (by Trenton)- Our service area encompasses the entire State of NJ. -Alert Ambulance Service is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.hackensackrecruiter.com/healthcare-jobs/446514681/emt-emergency-medical-technician!