Bridgestones Product Development Group in Akron, Ohio, is part of Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations (BATO), a business unit of Bridgestone Americas, Inc. Reporting into the BATO business unit are the companys North American consumer tire businesses, the North American commercial tire businesses, and Latin American tire operations (consumer and commercial). In our new state-of-the-art technical center in Akron, Ohio, we endeavor to provide teammates with challenging assignments, a flexible work schedule, and opportunities to learn and grow in an innovative and collaborative culture.
Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the worlds largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture, and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone, and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the worlds largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
Translate engineering process requirements into engineering computing application systems to enable the design of new tires. This requires knowledge of engineering principles as well as experience with applications associated with web development.
- Design, code, and test engineering computing systems
- Modify, test, and troubleshoot existing tools and utilities
- Applyknowledge of engineering processesto develop computing systems
- Monitor and perform maintenance on existing systems
- Produce and maintain documentation on system processes.
Minimum requirements are a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science witha minimum of minimum of 2 years of Single Page Application (SPA) development experience, related to engineering tool development.
The ideal candidate will have experience with the following in a manufacturing environment:
CSS IDE development platform
NO SQL datbase
Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities
- We offer over 31 Benefits and Privileges to include medical, dental, vision, 401k and more.
- We are An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, in fact, "One of our strengths is found in our commitment to serve a diverse customer population with diverse teams of teammates."
- Over 100 years of success is an indication of the stability our workforce enjoys.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.clevelandrecruiter.com/engineering-jobs/446258319/software-data-engineer-design-technology!