Posted Under: St. Louis, Missouri jobs in Other; Other jobs
Posted On: 2017-10-21 00:00:00
The Materials Coordinator oversees all aspects of Material Management for the Network Engineering group.
Works under the supervision of the Warehouse Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Process defective equipment requests with multiple vendors.
• Receive packing slips in Oracle.
• Process packing slips from multiple vendors.
• Keep accurate logs for shipping/receiving and RMA (Return Materials Authorization) processing.
• Receive and ship materials and equipment on a daily basis as needed.
• Clean and maintain the warehouse in a neat and orderly fashion daily.
• Represent TelePacific with a professional demeanor at all times.
• Perform additional duties and complete any special projects as required by Management and/or as business needs dictate.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
• Forklift Certification a plus.
• Minimum one (1) year of experience in a warehouse environment.
• Any equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Basic understanding of telephone networking, both voice and data.
• Basic understanding of Switch and Colocation (Colo) equipment.
• Good working knowledge of Oracle.
• Good working knowledge of inventory control.
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize issues and tasks.
• Must be detail-oriented with record keeping.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel).
• Must be proficient and fluent in the English language
• Must have the ability to regularly communicate in a manner that is respectful, professional and collaborative
• Will be required to have a flexible work schedule as may be required to work longer than 8 hours per day.
• May be required to work either before or after business hours as business needs dictate.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Personal computer, including word-processing, database and spreadsheet programs; calculator, telephone, copy and fax machine.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee may spend up to 20% of time sitting at desk, typing on keyboard, viewing computer monitor, answering telephone calls.
• The employee may spend up to 70% of the time walking the floor and or/standing.
• The employee may spend up to 10% of the time using a forklift.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.stlouisrecruiter.com/other-jobs/445966279/materials-coordinator!