Posted Under: Georgetown, Texas jobs in Hospitality & Tourism; Hospitality & Tourism jobs
Posted On: 2017-10-19 13:00:00
Job DescriptionThe primary purpose of the Housekeeper position is to work under close supervision, in a training capacity, to learn the essentials of quality cleaning and housekeeping tasks, with a strong focus on the hospital/in-patient environment. This environment includes patient rooms and in room bathroom facilities, non-patient areas such as the public bathrooms, waiting areas, offices, hallways and stairwells.
- Maintains friendly, efficient, attitude towards patients, customers, clients and co-workers.
- Maintain all assigned patient rooms, ancillary areas and department areas in a clean neat and sanitary manner and maintain assigned corridors with the correct preventative maintenance procedures as outlined in department policy as requested.
- Follows appropriate protocol following patient discharges as observed by Lead/Department Supervisor.
- Maintains responsibility for attendance and punctuality.
- Assists in enhancing productivity and efficient operations of the department.
- Promotes effective interpersonal and interdisciplinary relationships, maintaining professional conduct at all times.
- Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and competence by adherence to hospital and departmental annual training commitments.
- Inspects and utilizes judgment in determining which cleaning techniques outlined in orientation guidelines to follow.
- Demonstrates efficient and safe use of housekeeping equipment and solutions as observed by supervisor.
- Maintains a clean and orderly environment in the assigned area to protect patient safety and health.
- Diligently employs universal precautions when disposing of ant solid, medical waste and bio-hazardous materials.
- Thoroughly mops, vacuums, and waxes floors in accordance with established guidelines.
- Keeps cart properly stocked with equipment and cleaning supplies; ensures all chemicals are properly labeled, and all equipment is in good working condition.
- Performs all other tasks, as needed, to maintain the assigned area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Maintains compliance with Hospital standards of operation, client policies and other policies outlined within the Hospitals Policy. Maintains all required records and reports necessary to adhere to all regulations and codes.Company DescriptionGeorgetown Behavioral Health Institute (GBHI) is a state of the art, 118-bed acute care psychiatric hospital offering comprehensive mental healthcare programs and services for adults, teens and older adults. In addition to offering inpatient acute care services, we provide outpatient programs that help support patients as they discharge or prevent hospitalization. Our hospital provides a safe environment staffed by caring and highly educated professionals where we support an atmosphere and a person-centered treatment program that promotes stabilization and healing.Our staff will work with each patient as an individual, addressing each of his or her unique needs through an integrated approach. Our multidisciplinary treatment team includes physicians, psychiatrists, social workers, nurses, adjunctive therapists, and dieticians. Patients gain skills in the areas of developing healthy boundaries, learning how to appropriately express emotions, using effective communication skills, increasing self-esteem, managing anger, and developing life skills. GBHI will serve as an essential component of a recovery-oriented system of care where individuals can learn to live successfully in recovery with a serious mental illness and where families can gain knowledge, skills and coping mechanisms to support their loved ones and themselves. Our evidence based programs are designed to help individuals live healthy, satisfying and self-directed lives.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.georgetownrecruiter.com/hospitality-tourism-jobs/445697811/housekeeper!