Position: LTE Core Analyst
Duration: 6 months - contract to hire
Location: Birmingham, AL
Compensation: $50 - $56.70hr W2 (no sponsorships available)
This position will provide maintenance support for the voice and signalling infrastructure, which includes but is not limited to Ericsson IMS core network elements (P-CSCF, TAS, SBG, ENUM, MGW), Messaging (SMS, MMS), Voicemail, STP, SIP Peering, PSTN connectivity, Ericsson EPC network elements ( HSS, MME, DSC, P-GW, S-GW, DNS).
B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience. Knowledge of modern telecommunications voice and data network technologies, such as PSTN, PBX, TCP/IP, Frame Relay Switches, digital cross connect systems, and both analog and digital networks. Experience in Ericsson IMS network elements required. Innovation and the ability to work independently of direct supervision are a must.
1. Provide technical design support, engineering support, alarm maintenance support, operational support, and training support for the IMS and EPC Infrastructure equipment. (IMS priority but able to learn EPC)
2. Manage the voice dial plan, including all call routing, and translations for local dialing, long distance dialing, and 911 emergency calls
3. Interface between all external companies that are required to complete InterconnecT calls; including all equipment vendors and all SIP and PSTN providers.
4. Interface with the MSO, Core Network team, Technical Customer Support, Sales and Marketing, RF Engineering and Customer Support to provide root-cause analysis of service affecting system issues. Must take ownership of system issues and track the issues to resolution.
5. Projects - This position will manage each assigned project's productivity, set time schedules, deal with vendor issues, and deliver the finished projects on time and within budget. Demonstrate creativity and innovation in bringing new ideas and concepts forward to offer alternatives to the norm when managing projects.
6. Design Support - The design aspect of this position includes aiding engineering with determining technical and business requirements, searching for alternatives, conceptual comparison of alternatives, performing cost/benefit analysis and selecting the best alternative and or solution.
For inquiries, send resume to me.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.birminghamrecruiter.com/engineering-jobs/441236473/lte-core-analyst!