Posted Under: Baltimore, Maryland jobs in IT / Software / Systems; IT / Software / Systems jobs in zipcode 21201
Posted On: 2017-09-25 07:00:00
Company Description NetCraftsmen is a consulting company dedicated to doing quality work and continuously improving. Our experienced staff, over 40% of which are CCIE's, CCAr's and CCDE's (including 4 Cisco Champions out of 335 worldwide), has consulting and training expertise in high-end routing, network design, network security, switching, Unified Communications, Virtualization, QoS, MPLS, video, network management, IP multicast, educational courseware development, and other areas. Our vision is to be nationally recognized as the most trusted advisor for the full life cycle of collaborative network solutions. We help our customers achieve sustainable success through integrity, innovation, and teamwork. We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce. NetCraftsmen consultants include some of the most experienced Cisco CCIEs in the country. In fact, some of our consultants were among the first to gain the CCIE credential. We never stop learning. Job Description This opening is for a Senior WLAN Engineer in the DC/Baltimore Metro Area to perform project based consulting with various customers to design, implement, and support Cisco-based networks. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is able to work in a team environment and have the ability to resolve issues independently. Having a positive attitude that you display with good customer service skills and strong communication skills is key. Many of our senior engineers share their knowledge via Twitter & blogging, so positive social media engagement is a plus. In short, we want people that have been there, done that, and now want to share their competency personally and in writing, to help others improve, upgrade, or build out their networks. In this role you will work on customer location as needed and when not required on site, in a virtual office based environment to assist customers across the life cycle of high-level and detailed designs, implementations, operations, and troubleshooting. You will develop documentation as it relates to project requirements, and assist with or develop customer facing presentations of technology solutions. We prefer those with the ability to write assessment and design reports, and to present them to our customers. You will:
- Assess, design, implement, troubleshoot, and document Cisco networks and related systems
- Develop both high-level and detailed implementation and test plans for Cisco technologies related to enterprise networks, with an emphasis on wireless LAN technologies.
- Provide knowledge transfer and informal training to clients Qualifications The successful candidate must have strong skills and experience in Cisco WLAN technologies as well as enterprise class routing and switching, plus one or more of the following areas:
- Candidate should have at least seven years of industry experience
- CWNE or CCIE-Wireless is highly desirable but knowledge and experience are our primary criteria. Certifications in multiple technology areas are a significant plus
- Cisco Identify Services Engine (ISE) experience
- Must be able to work with end users, communicate clearly, and meet deadlines
- Must be able to work with practice lead to coordinate scheduling to meet customer needs, sometimes juggling multiple projects at one time
- Able to travel within the region or work remotely as needed to support consulting customers.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. Six (6) years of general experience is considered equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree
- Some of our client's are government locations requiring US Citizenship for clearances required to access the site
- Must pass a drug screen and background investigation Additional Information All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Apply for this job, view similar jobs, and more at http://www.baltimorerecruiter.com/it-software-systems-jobs/441236033/wireless-wlan-engineer!